A Solefald update

TheRealLazare

Hammond-wrecker
May 29, 2002
Oslo, Norway
www.borknagar.com
Hi folks. It's been a while, so I thought I'd give you a little update concerning the new Solefald album.

As many of you probably know, Solefald have been in the studio on and off recording since late decemer, and our fifth album is finally starting to take form. We've recorded 15 songs, and at least eleven or twelve of them will find their way onto our new album, which will be released in early august. Solefald anno MMV has taken a blacker and more thrashy turn, but fear not, we're still guardians of the avantgarde, so an element of melody and a touch of the classical Solefald weirdness is still there. Cornelius finished his vocal sessions today, so now I'm preparing to put down my vocal parts. I just finished the orchestrations and keyboardwork, and during the next couple of weeks we'll be adding genuine strings as well. Ah, there's nothing like the sound of accoustic instruments duelling with hoarse screams and blastbeats.

When it comes to the thematics of Solefald Opus V, we have yet again made a concept-album, and this time around we have let ourselves be inspired by norse mytholog, the viking era and the volcanic landscapes of Iceland, where much of the album was written last summer....

"Ein stakkar tykkjest
han støtt må leva,
når han strid mun sky. Men alderdomen
gjev ingen mann fred,
om spjut honom sparde"

Oh, yes - I almost forgot to tell you. Solefalds cooperation with Century Media is history. We have moved on to a new label, so be sure to come back to this thread soon to find out which one. Info will be added shortly....

Best regards

Laz

Hey Lazare thanks for the infos

especially the news about the concept of solefald V
vikingthemes in an avantgardistic way sounds good to me
by the way why did you quit century media?
it wasn´t a bad label or is this your way of music do not stay longer than 2 albums on a label?
(Is the new label season of mist?)
thanks again for the update

excelet! (ops, someone already said that)
Good! (this one too =/)
Great! :)

Of course I am obliged to get this album :hotjump:
I really liked the last one but I haven't really checked the previous ones, how are they compared to In harmonia universalis? I read some of their lyrics and they're hilarious and weird

Djöfull said:
Of course I am obliged to get this album :hotjump:
I really liked the last one but I haven't really checked the previous ones, how are they compared to In harmonia universalis? I read some of their lyrics and they're hilarious and weird

don't ask, just get them :D

Hey Lars, is there still a hefty amount of Hammond madness on the new opus? If so, then I have no fears that the album will be a masterpiece. If only Buxtehude and Bruckner were still here to listen to your work. Vive Maestro!!

The Scourge said:
Where is Lars? Did he get sucked into an I......C......S........Vortex?
*Worriedly strokes beard*

Lars is working his ass off in the studio, that's where he is :headbang: ...and you're gonna love the new album! We're in the very final stages of recording it now, and it's growing by the minute. As an answer to one of your earlier questions, Scourge, there will not be as much hammond on this album as there was on "In Harmonia...", but fear not: It's still there, and you'll have your solos!

This is great news. I already love 'Pills Against The Ageless Ills,' and I'm getting 'In Harmonia Universali' very soon.