New solefald news!

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
21.07.2005 - Solefald - Details On Upcoming Albums

SOLEFALD have finished recording the first part of their new saga, which is based on Viking mythology and history, entitled "Red for Fire + Black for Death".

"Red for Fire : An Icelandic Odyssey part 1" will be released through Season of Mist, worldwide, before the end of 2005 and will quickly be followed by "Black for Death : An Icelandic Odyssey part 2" in early Spring 2006.

Part 1 features guest appearances by electronica singer Aggie Frost Peterson, on the songs "Sun I Call" and "White Frost Queen", and from Jörmundur Ingi, the ancient supreme Godi of Iceland (an Ásatrú priest), who reads the poem "Lokasenna" (an argument between gods) on the last track of the album. The previously announced guest appearance by Garm of Ulver will be featured on "Black for Death".

SOLEFALD's new effort, a 'true Viking metal album' according to its authors, is produced by Borge Finnstad (MAYHEM, ARCTURUS, etc.).

As SOLEFALD previously stated 'we were experimental when everybody was trying to be as basic as possible. Now that we feel we've said what we had to say in this field, and now that everybody is experimenting one way or another, this is our attempt at being true'. But considering the individuals involved, expect something very unique to say the least !!! And from what we've heard so far during a listening session with a few selected journalists, this album will be a milestone in Scandinavian Metal history!

http://www.season-of-mist.com

I got this off www.metalstorm.ee

IT'S TWO ALBUMS, MAN THEY'RE SO sneaky. I can't wait for both of these releases! :tickled:

So Asgeir I guess you were the sound engineer for the Solefald Album, how about some pictures of your Studio I would love to see some.

damn I just read these news and wanted to post them but karpsmom was even faster than me with the solefald news:cry:

but interesting that it will be a 2 album concept. but lazare please hire a new webmaster or something to get you back online into the real world

YES, I want the solefald site back online!

Side note- does anyone have the video of Mont Blanc Providence Crow, I never got it when the site was active... :(

karpsmom said:
YES, I want the solefald site back online!

Side note- does anyone have the video of Mont Blanc Providence Crow, I never got it when the site was active... :(

well I have it on my HD. but its 70mb big, if I can upload its omewhere on a free server I would share it

solefald said:
well I have it on my HD. but its 70mb big, if I can upload its omewhere on a free server I would share it

Do you have any instant messenging programs? I have AOL instant messenger (user name: diplomatsdotcom) and I have MSN messenger (user name: karpsmom@hotmail.com) maybe you can send through one of those?

asgeir said:
Solefald doesn't sound like Bathory at all, but I guess the biggest difference between those bands is that Solefald actually sings in tune...

- Asgeir

That is correct Solefald does sound nothing like Bathory, the comparison was refering to Solefalds Viking albums Part 1 and 2 like what Bathory did with the Nordland saga part 1 and 2. Quorthons music had feeling, heart, and soul and his voice might not of been in key, but the music is magic and powerful. I think a lot of bands fail to write from the heart and just rip off, or make some technical bullshit. If Quorthon had a better budget, band and label Im sure he could of impressed us with another creative tidlewave. Anyway Im still going to pick these new Solefald albums up, the viking metal scene needs something like this. Until then... rape, pillage, and burn the villages down.

smågoth said:
By the way, does anyone know when the linear scaffold will be rereleased? Waiting for that one.

Last thing I read about that was on Solefald's site.

"We're now in May 2004 and "The Linear Scaffold" has still not appeared. We're sorry about this, but the delay is caused by band and label working on the layout of the repressing. This story is still not over! We'll keep you informed on this matter"