Solefald fans, some new for those not on Cornelius' mailing list

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
Shirts, website, yay!

"Dear afficionados, dear connoisseurs!

We are happy to announce that our website www.solefald.org is at last up and running again. At the moment it only contains a cheap plea to our fanatics: Namely to vote for us in the race towards the Norwegian Alarm award! The full site will be published within a couple of days.

People have written us to offer their condolences to the death of a) Solefald and b) the Solefald website. These tragic news did of course affect both of us deeply. We were shocked to know that our dear and beloved Solefald did not exist anymore. We actually went to Vår Frelsers Gravlund (a cemetery) in Oslo, and found a tombstone with Solefald's name on it. After a few hours of digging in the night, we heard a familiar sound: RED MUSIC WITH BLACK EDGES! Or was it RADICAL DESIGNER ROCK'N'ROLL? IT WAS BOTH, AND MAAAAN, DID IT ROCK!

We were too ecstatic about finding Solefald alive, so we couldn't dwell on such details. She is wet and sick, but she doesn't care anymore: "Being alive simply rules!" she assures us, brushing the dirt out of her hair.

Biz: "Red for Fire" has received great reactions throughout the spheres, and we are proud of, and grateful for, the massive response. "Black for Death", the second epos in our "Icelandic Odyssey", has been set for release in the end of August 2006, on Season of Mist.

A gorgeous double gatefold LP of "Red for Fire" will soon be available through PHD/Back on Black, under licence from Season of Mist and our own Red Diabolos Music, along with a small selection of t-shirts and longsleeves.

Our two first albums are soon to be re-released on Avantgarde Music. "The Linear Scaffold" and "Neonism" were remastered at Masterhuset, Oslo, in the summer of 2005. Especially Neo has received something of a facelift, in terms of sound. The secret 1998 song "Cosmophony" has at last joined its fellow songs on the album.

And then, to The Pompous Speech!

"Ladies and Gentlemen!

Ten years have passed since we founded Solefald, back in the autumn of 1995. Our saga contains that single laughable death threat, murderous reviews, arguments with record labels, pejorative remarks (burp) and general hostility - but it also features declarations of love and admiration, critical acclaim, record company priority, media attention, and a coherent (yeah, right!) musical evolution. As is often the case, the truth is to be found somewhere between the extremities. In Solefald, we have explored uncharted musical territories since the beginning, mostly reaching the shores we set out to find.

Experimentation implies occasional failure, necessarily. Over the years, we have made many strange and sometimes controversial claims. Despite the rigour of our aesthetic and musical standards (burp again), we have never pretended to deliver impeccable music all the time. Still, only a select number of Metal acts have received so many raving reviews as Solefald. To some listeners, our music appears strange or incomprehensible. We suspect this is also the reason why so many others form a deep and lasting relationship to our music. Our fanatics know that we are the ones who can provide them with exactly this music drug, these pills against the ageless ills.

No greater compliment can be made to a musician, than the statement that the music has reached the innermost depths of the heart (that old bastard metaphor!) and the nervous system (hikkhikk). The cognitive scientists out there would surely agree that listening to music is a way of engineering your consciousness, to program it the way you want it to be. What kind of consciousness can you produce by listening to Solefald? Only our victims know the answer to this question. But we guarantee you that our medicine is different from any other drug you have taken in the past!

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!"

For Solefald,

Cornelius and Lazare

January MVI a. F."

There you have it! I look forward to a shirt! :D

I'd love to get a shirt also.. maybe the band trades or does wholesale?
(ps.. isn't there a side project of a relative of .. in another band like Solfald.. it was something I heard from a friend who was raving about it.)

Oak Knoll said:
I'd love to get a shirt also.. maybe the band trades or does wholesale?
(ps.. isn't there a side project of a relative of .. in another band like Solfald.. it was something I heard from a friend who was raving about it.)

There are many side bands from the Solefald men. Lazare is in Age Of Silence and Borknagar (obviously), and Cornelius is in Sturmgeist, Castimoniae, and he's releasing his electronica album (I believe under the band name G.U.T.)

damn, i thought the 2 first albums would be only rereleased, now ill have to buy neonism again :)

and i would also like to have a solefald shirt :)

where to get the shirts when they're out? which online store website??
btw, great to see the website back online :)

Oceana said:
damn, i thought the 2 first albums would be only rereleased, now ill have to buy neonism again :)

and i would also like to have a solefald shirt :)

Oh shit, yea I totally forgot about the re-issues! And they're redoing them! I can't wait to hear a Neonism with meatier sound and an unreleased song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:OMG: :tickled:

Azzor1911 said:
where to get the shirts when they're out? which online store website??
btw, great to see the website back online :)

There's no news of what site will have the shirts yet. Don't worry, when I find out I will make it known! :D ;)

I believe you can sign up at Cornelius's website. http://www.jakhelln.com/ There's probably a "join mailing list" thing somewhere, and if not, just send him an e-mail saying you want to start getting his e-mails. He's a really nice guy, he just takes a long time to respond to e-mails, so if he doesn't reply for a while, don't think he's ignoring you. It once took him two monthes to reply to one of my e-mails.

Not yet :/ perhaps we have to wait for Black For Death. I don't know... there hasn't been too many updates from the Solefald camp, though Cornelius has been quite busy with his new book just released and his work with his two new projects moving along! he also just moved to Berlin! It's all here! http://www.cornelii.com/index.htm