Solefald

hey the new songs on their myspace site rock!! red for fire+black for death is one of the best solefald songs ever!. I hoped that there will be more songs like crater of the valkyrs(the last minute-awesome!) and it seems they are on BVD. fantastic! I see the album of the year is coming! one week left:headbang:

hey the new songs on their myspace site rock!! red for fire+black for death is one of the best solefald songs ever!. I hoped that there will be more songs like crater of the valkyrs(the last minute-awesome!) and it seems they are on BVD. fantastic! I see the album of the year is coming! one week left:headbang:

Yeah the songs are great!!! :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :headbang:

One more fucking long week... for you, you lucky european bastards!!! :mad:
(no offense hehe :p ).

I will have to wait till January to get it! And as a matter of fact if I did not have the chance to get it there I'd have to wait like.... say Maty 2008 :mad: :heh: .

:lol: Red for Fire arrived in the begginings of this year :lol: . And that was the 1st Solefald cd to ever come here I think hehe (well the 1st new one I had seen in a store :rolleyes: :p ).

^ Yeah I know, but 'tis a bit tedious for me th order hrough the net. I can do it, but because of me living in another country I have to pay a lot of f&%^& fees. :mad: :puke: :zombie:

I'll be a true viking and buy it in Norway :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: .

What trick are ye talking about?

yeahhh i received my copy today!!! (took 8 days to arrive from the USA ffs)
it's great, totally awesome. kinda what i expected, but i have to admit they exaggerated about this album being harder than Red for Fire.

anyone already got the translations for that part in 'Queen in the bay of smoke', and the other norwegian tracks? karps?

Not yet! I don't know where you heard that it was gonna be harder than Red For Fire. I saw that on one site, some guy said it, and I found it very odd because Solefald never said that, nor did Season Of Mist

alright, well keep us posted!

so far i've spun the new cd a dozen times or so, and i think Necrodyssey is the best track. you gotta love those guitar riffs!
btw does anyone else think that part in 'Queen in the bay of smoke' kind of reminds to the very first track on the Jernlov demo, 'Motmenneske'? it just so happened that i listened to all Solefald albums (including the demo, i'm lucky enough to own a copy :D ) in reverse order a couple days before Black for Death released, and when i heard that track it immediatly reminded me of Motmenneske. awesome.

any chance for new merchandise, and the reissues? we still haven't heard the long lost forgotten track on Neonism..!

Cornelius said:
Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Linear Scaffold & Neonism reissues
Category: Music

I am happy to announce - and this time for real! - that the two first Solefald albums are now scheduled for an imminent re-release on Avantgarde Music. I know it has taken a long time to have those old gems back in the shelves again. Coordinating the new layout and the remastering of the albums has probably been more time-consuming than recording them! The delay should also benefit our listeners, as the albums sound better after a professional remastering at Masterhuset in Oslo. This applies especially to "Neonism". The precise date for the reissues has not been fixed yet. It will happen sometime early in 2007. (I can hea you zacaztic whizzpelingz aleady...)

Cornelius/Solefald

Solefald myspace

alright, well keep us posted!

so far i've spun the new cd a dozen times or so, and i think Necrodyssey is the best track. you gotta love those guitar riffs!
btw does anyone else think that part in 'Queen in the bay of smoke' kind of reminds to the very first track on the Jernlov demo, 'Motmenneske'? it just so happened that i listened to all Solefald albums (including the demo, i'm lucky enough to own a copy :D ) in reverse order a couple days before Black for Death released, and when i heard that track it immediatly reminded me of Motmenneske. awesome.

any chance for new merchandise, and the reissues? we still haven't heard the long lost forgotten track on Neonism..!

Do you mean the beginning of Ravnens Fall sounding like the 4:00 mark in Queen Of The Bay Of Smoke? Also, were you aware that they reused aroudn the 2:35 mark in Ravnens Fall in Crater of Valkyries at around 3:23. Neat little factoid!

omg yeah you're right... i never noticed that reused part in Crater of the Valkyries!
btw yep i meant Ravnens Fall instead of Motmenneske. i love that subtle guitar/drum rythm, and then all of a sudden climaxing to harsh guitars and Cornelius screaming his guts out.!

Just got Red For Fire last night, I quite enjoyed it! Very cool how throughout the two albums they continue to refer to other songs both lyrically and musically. Ut really gives it a sense of cohesion that it might otherwise like, being such an eclectic group. In terms of simply "which is more rocking" I enjoy Red For Fire more, but they're both excellent & suit each other well.