Solefald fans, some new for those not on Cornelius' mailing list

well i think it's kinda weird the Avantgarde Music website hasnt been updated on that matter. Solefald is still listed under 'Past artists', and it says Neonism and The Linear Scaffold are still available..?! :s obviosly that's nonsense, as it also says both albums were released on the January 1st 1997 and 1999. i hate it when record label company websites are full of crap.. same with Season of Mist.

i wonder if there will be new shirts with the old artworks, for example, did you know there is an extremely limited quantity of TLS shirts, that were sold at their (one and only) tour?

is there anyone here who actually saw them on their tour 1998?!?!

Haha, I hate SoM for that. They didn't promote Solefald or Sturmgeist this year when both their albums were released, and they never update. It's shameful, what kind of way to run a label is that? The End Records updates CONSTANTLY, and promotes all their bands like CRAZY.

yeah, even such smaller, or unknown bands as Age of Silence, UneXpect or even Head Control System.. i think they're doing a great job... unlike SoM

Damn right, and now those bands are getting bigger, especially uneXpect, I see ads for them everywhere and they play show a lot, they were even set to open for Dissection in NYC before the show got cancelled because Dissection couldn't get into the country. I found Age Of Silence cds in Tower Records for sale! They do really really really really great work!

Even though I prefer Age Of Silence, they are harder to market than unexpect because well....unexpect play alot live, its everyone's main band and they get to play together much more often id say. Even still, without tours and stuff its amazing how The End manages to get their name on the street

That's true, but Age Of Silence does have certain credits that make it easier to market them, namely their line-up, there are a lot of Hellhammer fanatics who go after every band he's involved in, and Winds fans are naturally disposed to at least try listening to Age Of Silence. Same goes for Solefald fans, Asmegin fans, and even some Borknagar fans! UneXpect has only one member who has been in a previous band, and it's a band nobody really knows!

yeah perhaps even Tulus and Khold fans will have at least tried listening to Age of Silence, because of Eikind, the bass player.
i for one definately don't like those two bands, but still think he's a very good musician.

btw, listening to Complications right now!

yeah,,well i dont find bass being too prominent on AoS. its like the two guitarists, i have never heard of anything by "By pale light"

Yea. I think it's become a sad but accepted fact that bass is sorely lacking with most metal bands. Thank god for people like Steve D., Tyr, and Oystein (from Spiral Architect, not Brun). The bassist of Code is also quite good, he's not fancy or anything, but he's tasteful and audible and brings an excellent addition to the haunting atmosphere of the band. Cornelius does use the bass in Solefald well sometimes. Particularly on Backpacka Baba!

yeah, and well, maybe im just over hyped but if andys right this oystein moe dude did one heck of a bass job on the new winds album

www.myspace.com/solefaldofficial
Cornelius Jakhelln said:
Season Change

I hereby inform our esteemed fanatici that Solefald have ended the collaboration with Season of Mist. Both parts emerge whole, healthy and happy from the split-up. Long-term Solefald connoisseurs will notice how a two-album dialectic seems to appear through our discography; two first albums with Avantgarde, third and fourth albums with Century Media, then the Icelandic Odyssey with Season of Mist. We have already entered discussion with another record label. Any interested labels out there can still get in touch, albeit fast.

Red for Fire + Black for Death

Cornelius

please sign with The End Records ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !