Solos

Cacophony87

New Metal Member
Feb 14, 2010
Hey chris
I'm wondering if you have any tips for how to solo because the music I'm into the most is shred and metal, although i don't just want to go billions of miles an hour. I want to have fast runs but also have melodic stuff too like you do just in my own style.
I hope to see you and megadeth on the road sometime soon.

thanks
Your one of my favorite guitarists.

Hey chris
I'm wondering if you have any tips for how to solo because the music I'm into the most is shred and metal, although i don't just want to go billions of miles an hour. I want to have fast runs but also have melodic stuff too like you do just in my own style.
I hope to see you and megadeth on the road sometime soon.

thanks
Your one of my favorite guitarists.
Thanks Cacophony87,

This question is way to huge to answer in this post ( I am still working on these concepts and plan to till I can't any longer Ahahah), however I would recommend a combination of learning solo's from your influences, studying theory so you can analyze and extrapolate what makes something sound cool (or not cool ) so you can re-create it, a lot of technical work, listening to a lot of music, and finally developing your own sense of melody (whether you can sing it or just imagine it).

We could write a book on this but it is in those key areas that I would start.
Take care, Chris.