Some advice needed

Mxgonzo

May 6, 2004
Freedonia
O.K. I am in the process of transfering my old vhs tapes to digital format. I have a lot of concert bootleg and official released vhs tapes. I'm new to this and just learning the how to's of capturing, editing, compressing, etc.. I have some cool stuff I think you all would like and I would like to share it with ya.
My question is how should I show it. Should I post it to youtube or my photobucket account? If I do what are the legal issues? Like I said I'm new to this and it is very time consuming and frustrating(especially in the editing part). I don't want to go through all this only to have my work deleted or hasseled by some lawyer for copyright issues. Any advice, knowledge, wisdom you can bestow upon me would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if the electronic allows it. But I will hook a DVD stand alone burner device to my old VCR and just copy the VHS tapes into a DVD. Then you don't have to get through computers, Internet, You Tube, legal issues, etc.

Now if you can hook the computer to the VCR by some special cable to the video card, then record the tapes on your HD and then edit with Nero or any other multimedia software and when you have the AVI or MPG (being told that AVI is the best media by compression standards, don't know that as a fact) the you can burn it on a DVD.