Some Advice on DIY Bass Traps

You can also use Paroc COS-5 rockwool. Can you find that?

well what u suggest is rockwool right?
I was trying to get that specific material which is fiberglass.
if it proves too difficult i´ll get rockwool instead:)

u all got me wanting to build my first bass traps..... :)
At the moment i couldn´t find any dealer of Owens Corning in my country or even spain

Many other companies make the same dense fiberglass stuff as Owens Corning.... Just head to your nearest insulation supplier, tell them what you want, and they will get it for you.

Many other companies make the same dense fiberglass stuff as Owens Corning.... Just head to your nearest insulation supplier, tell them what you want, and they will get it for you.

Many companies do indeed make acoustical insulation. The best product we've worked with in Europe, is Isover.

Google "Isover" in your particular country, to see of they offer it near you. It is the closest thing to Owens Corning 705/ 705 from a European Manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic bump, but heh, saves me from having to search for the thread :lol:
Cool video btw, Ready Acoustics

If you follow this video, take care of not put the glue as he says. If the glue touches the screw, it destroy the screw after awhile, because it corrodes the metal. If you wanna put some glue, do it, but take care it doesn't touch the screws

Interesting reading guys..
I just order yesterday a 4 cases of Roxul Acoustical Fire Batts from http://www.atsacoustics.com so now im debating over how to build them.. I dont know if I should build frames for all the panels(10 panels 4'' and 4 panels 2'') and .. or just use fabric to cover them.

What you guys suggest since there just going to be Mineral Wool.

Can I cut my OC 703 as long as I'm wearing a dust mask or is that not recomended? I'm trying to cover my corner from floor to ceiling but would need to cut a few pieces down in order to do this. I'm assuming that if I wear gloves, dust mask and use a sharp utility knife I'll be good to go.

Cool forum!

You can make bass traps from just about any fabric, and rock wool or Owens Corning 703 (preferred). Make them 4" thick (100cm) or thicker and place them across your vertical corners. Then, place them on the walls to your left and right (at your mix position). Treat the wall in front of you and on the ceiling, and your room will be killer sounding. So will your mix.

I created a DIY Bass Trap tutorial that is now on YouTube. It's 100% DIY from materials you can find locally. Check it out:

Hi there , I used your vid to make bass traps for my studio this summer using Rockwool RW5 . The impact they have had on the room is HUGE !
I can recommend this method to anyone , cheers :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator: