Some bands I personally asked to chat more with us about collaboration

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
Just fyi - I'm going to ask these bands to visit my forum - this area. I''ll probably talk to the via email on business deals etc. But this would be good for them to post there mp3s, say hi.. meet my other bands.. see what fests and things I'm doing. Perhaps help set up shows or be on some of the shows my bands have. So if you see your name below... I'm scouting you out :)

In Her Loving Memory - Doom from Indonesia
Lord Grief - one many doom band from Boston
Evince Ethos - progressive ambient dark metal band
Sorcier de Glaciers? BM from Canada
Soulpreacher - doom near VA?
Ceremonial Castings - Great BM .. boy do i wish they could be on my label!
Some more good locals - Hekseri, Nephillim, Hiss of Atrocities, Zircon

What's up Jeremy? Although I don't post up here much, I do check the Oak Knoll forums on a daily basis (we love you guys). I found this little gem of a thread and thought I would chime in... (I got your email while writing this btw haha)

Soulpreacher REALLY wants to work with Oak Knoll. I hear nothing but great things about how you operate your label and I love all of the bands you presently have on your roster. I think Soulpreacher would make an excellent addition!

We have a show coming up in May with Shroud of Bereavement and Keen of the Crow when the Premonitions tour comes through Raleigh, NC (our home town). Maybe you can make it down for that one? If any of your other bands are looking to do some shows down in NC, we would love to set that up as long as we can arrange something in VA or PA, etc.

As you may or may not know, we are in the process of recording a full length (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=47201) which will feature lots of new material. I think you will really enjoy the (slightly) new direction. I have plans to send you a sample or two once we have something near completion. Since we are getting some free studio time, it may take a bit longer then expected as we have to work around the engineers schedule, but we are tracking!

You can check out our three song demo from 2004 at: http://www.myspace.com/soulpreacher or http://www.soulpreacher.info

Well, enough rambling. We look forward to working with Oak Knoll very soon. I'll be in touch...

Trent
Soulpreacher

Great to hear from you guys again. Nah! Oak Knoll sucks! It's a bunch of pompous asses that think they are into extreme metal! hehe JK. But that's cool, I am very humble when it comes to getting praises.

I look forward to hearing you new songs and I really wish I could down to see that leg of the tour. I am going to hit the shows up here mostly but I did make it down to Jaxx to see Withersoul and Shroud. Did you see Withersoul and The Green Evening Requiem are playing with Green Carnation? I have a band from Finland (Calmsite) coming in for the deathintheforest.com fest and might be looking for shows around that time as well (around the east coast).

Aside from the tour, maybe we can gather up some doom bands for a gig in NC. Maybe throw in a death and black metal band as well :) I love it all. Did you say you had some cds I could add to my distro. With all the bands I invited here, I definately would love to help get everyone more exposure or promo, even if it's in a non official capacity.

Oh, could you get a show with Withersoul in Raleigh? Maybe I can even send Shroud down.. Maybe get Daylight Dies? some other cool bands?

hey guys.. (is this Trent, Anthony, or Rob?)

We have been wanting to play with Soulpreacher again for quite some time now... especially in Raleigh.
Unfortunately when we played with you guys in Richmond, you got to witness the worst sets Withersoul has ever played. Everything that could have gone wrong...did! Not to mention, personality-wise with a couple members, and things weren't working out. We went through a pretty massive line up change in the time that show... Which improved things greatly to what we have today...

So, could you guys get something set up in Raleigh? We've already hooked you guys up in Richmond and have been chomping at the bit to play your town for a good while now.. Maybe at the Brewery?

Withersoul said:
hey guys.. (is this Trent, Anthony, or Rob?)

We have been wanting to play with Soulpreacher again for quite some time now... especially in Raleigh.
Unfortunately when we played with you guys in Richmond, you got to witness the worst sets Withersoul has ever played. Everything that could have gone wrong...did! Not to mention, personality-wise with a couple members, and things weren't working out. We went through a pretty massive line up change in the time that show... Which improved things greatly to what we have today...

So, could you guys get something set up in Raleigh? We've already hooked you guys up in Richmond and have been chomping at the bit to play your town for a good while now.. Maybe at the Brewery?

This is Trent. I'm kinda the online guy for the band cause Anthony and Robb refuse to admit that the Internet isn't a waste of time :loco:

We had a blast in Richmond that time, and you guys sounded great! We haven't gotten anything for you down here yet due to circumstances beyond our control. Mostly due to the fact that we were asked to play shows with others and weren't booking our own. We can pretty much play any venue in Raleigh you wish. We have contacts at all of them. We just don't like to gig out more then once every few months in Raleigh to avoid saturating the market (Raleigh isn't that big). We like to keep it a 'special event' when we play.

Since we are in the studio at the moment, we will be looking to line some stuff up in the coming months. I haven't forgotten that we owe you one ;) I'll be in touch at some point.

Hey what’s up i just wanted to introduce Nephillim to everyone on the forum. We are a NY based Black Metal project that has been ongoing for about 5years now. Our First Full length is in the final stages of being recorded titled “Hymns of the Fallen”

For the most part we are a local NY band. We gig in North Jersey, NYC and Predominantly upstate NY.

We also set up various types of events and gigs in the area and really about to get a big scene going for death and black metal so hopefully it will start to get noticed on a larger scale.

Nephillim is also affiliated with Watchers Entertainment, which is organizing the Death in the Forest Festival. www.deathintheforest.com

You can check out some of our unmixed/un-mastered tracks at www.myspace.com/nephillim.

Hey all this is Chris, bassist for black/death metal band Zircon. We're based in Worcester, MA - home of the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival. A quick band history: Zircon formed around 1999, did a handful of local shows opening for Cryptopsy, Mayhem, Dark Funeral and the 2001 NEMHF. Due to various reasons Zircon disbanded, but got back together in late 2004 (with myself as the new bassist). Since then the band has played several small local shows to reintroduce itself to the MA metal scene and recorded a 7 song demo (currently in post-production).

Jeremy, we met at the "December Damage Fest" that I booked at Club Deniro a few months back. I also play guitar for Bane of Existence.

Looking forward to talking with everyone! Check us out at http://www.myspace.com/zirconmetal

466483020_l.jpg

You're also in Bane? Wow I didn't know that. Did you know I am going to have a table at the NEMHF? So you are the guy in the Bathory shirt on the right? but I think I saw you minus the goatee. Is Zircon different in style from Bane? I have to listen to more of Zircon when I get home from work. Bruce from WhiplashTV and Belly of the Beast radio told me to check you guys out. Do you guys have any shows coming up?

Nephillim said:
For the most part we are a local NY band. We gig in North Jersey, NYC and Predominantly upstate NY.

We also set up various types of events and gigs in the area and really about to get a big scene going for death and black metal so hopefully it will start to get noticed on a larger scale.

I'm trying to find some Boston and perhaps Worcester area venues to organize some shows with some Oak Knoll bands and if you guys want the local bands I invited here. It would be cool to get some Death, Doom, Black Metal shows going on. I'm just not much of a booking kinda person. Some places we could play: O'Briens, Marks Metal place in NH (strip club also), maybe the Middle East.. I just need to call around some more and network. Maybe go through some other sucessful promo/booking agents like Joe from NotCommon, etc. Bane had a good idea about some show in Taunton but that club doesn't seem to draw alot of metal heads (our type :)

Oak Knoll said:
Someone named Alejandro on myspace emailed me pertaining to an invite regarding Daylight Dies.. is this maybe someone in DD? or SP? or? ring a bell?

Alejandro (or Nogz) is a good friend/long time supporter of Daylight Dies. Consider him a part of the band. This is an official CD relase party for Dismantling Devotion.

Well, I see our name in there, so I'll chip in :)

I'm Sean from Evince Ethos, a progressive ambient dark metal (hybrid of gothic and melodic death, with some doom, folk, etc. twists) located out in the boonies surrounding Worcester, MA. You can hear us at http://www.myspace.com/evinceethos - keep in mind, those are old recordings, done when I (the vocalist) was suffering from a severe sinus infection (hence the subpar clean vox), with only two members, in a living room on basic Cakewalk. We're up to four members now, which means we have a much wider sonic pallette from which to draw, particularly with a second vocalist, plus we've been putting a lot of work into rehashing and rearranging the material you hear as well as writing new. I'll try to get some new recordings on the site soon, but anyone who's dealt with Myspace music before can empathize with me regarding its shortcomings - especially when your songs are long and the MP3 filesize makes for a long upload!

I can speak on behalf of the entire band when I say that we're thrilled to be contacted by Oak Knoll. Personally I'm a big fan of a lot of your artists. Whatever happens, we are writing a full-length album and recording it sometime before summer, so prepare yourselves, world.

Hi Sean, do you have any newer recordings? Do you guys play out live? I'd like to extend my phone # to the bands I listed above 508-809-9064 I'm usually back from the gym (listening to death metal on the elliptical) after 7pm and the wife hates calls after 10:30pm. I'm on aim as jrb2971. I'm actually working with some people to make a outdoor fest (maybe like an Oak Knoll Death/Doom/Black metal fest). But I'm going to find an official planner/booker. Sean, have you heard of Shroud of Bereavement? Next time they have a gig, I'll invite all of your to come and see them (and buy you beers, soda, etc). Or perhaps I could even get some of these bands together on a show. I'm glad to see everyone posting. As you know my label is about black, doom and death metal. All the way from gothic dark and ecclectic music to blast beat death/black, scary! :) I'm hoping to expand my label and this is just one of the steps to reach out locally and worldwide seeking some new talent. I look forward to chatting with each of you and perhaps making some plans moving forward with each band (trials, shows, meetings, projects, promotion etc).

I'm toying with the idea of getting up to DC for the Daylight Dies release party if my schedule can permit it.... I've been a DD fan for a good while now..and from what I've heard of the new album, it's going to be seriously kick ass album..

Oak Knoll said:
Hi Sean, do you have any newer recordings? Do you guys play out live? I'd like to extend my phone # to the bands I listed above 508-809-9064 I'm usually back from the gym (listening to death metal on the elliptical) after 7pm and the wife hates calls after 10:30pm. I'm on aim as jrb2971. I'm actually working with some people to make a outdoor fest (maybe like an Oak Knoll Death/Doom/Black metal fest). But I'm going to find an official planner/booker. Sean, have you heard of Shroud of Bereavement? Next time they have a gig, I'll invite all of your to come and see them (and buy you beers, soda, etc). Or perhaps I could even get some of these bands together on a show. I'm glad to see everyone posting. As you know my label is about black, doom and death metal. All the way from gothic dark and ecclectic music to blast beat death/black, scary! :) I'm hoping to expand my label and this is just one of the steps to reach out locally and worldwide seeking some new talent. I look forward to chatting with each of you and perhaps making some plans moving forward with each band (trials, shows, meetings, projects, promotion etc).

Thanks for the contact info; we'll be in touch. Alright, I'll try to answer each question in order :)

We haven't had much time to sit down and record our new material, as we've been writing a lot of new stuff lately and it's not arranged yet, and actually just picked up our two new additions last week, so we haven't had time to sit down with them and get their inputs on a recording. I will let you know as soon as we have something. Playing out live is something completely unthinkable at this point; we have one guitarist and our songs routinely have 2-3+ layers of guitar, plus our guitarist is also our bassist for the time being, so we'll have to nurture ourselves some new seeds before we can hit the stages!

I'm very familiar with Shroud of Bereavement. Excellent, excellent doom band. In fact, I believe our guitarist has been in some sort of correspondence with them. Wicked idea on the show; I'll be there if you're setting one up.

~SK

Hi all, Lord Grief here. It's a one-man band playing a sort of symphonic funeral doom. I've got a page up at:
http://geocities.com/lord_grief
Just some mp3's and stuff. I'm working on finishing up some new songs now, not sure whether I'll just put them out on a second demo. Or maybe see if I can go ahead and re-record everything I have and release it all as an album.