Some bands I personally asked to chat more with us about collaboration

So how would you guys like to proceed? If I don't have a bunch of mp3s from you please contact me and hook me up. If you're local.. send me a list of your shows. If you want I can start helping promote you. We can talk about collaboration, future plans. And if you don't have a forum area, you can post a thread in the Up-and-coming bands section on my forums. I'll stick the thread also.

I'd like to get some shows together in the Boston area and get some of you guys on the same bill. I might be doing a feast later in the year, we'll see.
My aim id is jrb2971 - Please IM me when you have the chance and we'll talk business.

Oak Knoll said:
You're also in Bane? Wow I didn't know that. Did you know I am going to have a table at the NEMHF? So you are the guy in the Bathory shirt on the right? but I think I saw you minus the goatee. Is Zircon different in style from Bane? I have to listen to more of Zircon when I get home from work. Bruce from WhiplashTV and Belly of the Beast radio told me to check you guys out. Do you guys have any shows coming up?

"Bane of Existence", yes. Don't want to get confused with Bane the hardcore band! :D

Yes I play bass for Zircon, guitar for B.o.E. and that is me in the Bathory shirt. The beard is just a winter thing, I didn't have it in December when we met.

B.o.E. is straight-up death metal and Zircon is mainly black metal but with strong death/thrash influences.

Zircon does have 3 shows coming up: April 7th at the Compound in Fitchburg, April 22nd at Rox's in Oxford and May 20th at the Bullpen in New Bedford.

Zircon_bass said:
Hey all this is Chris, bassist for black/death metal band Zircon. We're based in Worcester, MA - home of the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival. A quick band history: Zircon formed around 1999, did a handful of local shows opening for Cryptopsy, Mayhem, Dark Funeral and the 2001 NEMHF. Due to various reasons Zircon disbanded, but got back together in late 2004 (with myself as the new bassist). Since then the band has played several small local shows to reintroduce itself to the MA metal scene and recorded a 7 song demo (currently in post-production).

Hey, did you play at DeeDee's Lounge at the cancelled Rigor Mortis show? I really enjoyed your stuff, and I hope you play more gigs in the Boston / Cambridge area. Congratulations on the debut album... hopefully it will be released via Oak Knoll? :p

twilightsrobe said:
Hey, did you play at DeeDee's Lounge at the cancelled Rigor Mortis show? I really enjoyed your stuff, and I hope you play more gigs in the Boston / Cambridge area. Congratulations on the debut album... hopefully it will be released via Oak Knoll? :p

Yeah I did double duty with both my bands that night... two back-to-back sets. Well thanks I'm glad you enjoyed Zircon's set. Zircon definitely wants to do more shows in that area and anywhere else around New England. We'll see what happens with the CD release... who knows? :loco:

Oak Knoll said:
Who is playing with you at the bullpen in new bedford? maybe we'll all make a trip there to see you guys play!

Also playing the Bullpen show on May 20th are The Accursed, Smite The Righteous, Goreality and more to be announced.

I should also mention that right now Zircon has been nominated and is one of the 4 finalists for the "Best Metal Act" category in the 2006 Worcester Music Awards. If anyone wants to help out and vote for us, you can do so by clicking this link:

http://www.whizspark.com/es/viewevent.aspx?eid=1604&icid=0

It only takes a few seconds to register and vote.

Considering that two of the other nominees for this category aren't even metal, we would REALLY like to win this thing to get some more exposure and properly represent Worcester's metal scene. :headbang:

Thanks!

Just FYI - Evince Ethos is still interested in your offer. I'm going to try to get some new recordings this weekend and send 'em your way.

The last couple of weeks have been rather hectic outside the band, which is why I've been so quiet :)

There's a new song on our page, http://www.myspace.com/evinceethos - the song is Synthesis Abaddon, not quite done yet (and no drums, bass, or fem. vox just yet) but we couldn't wait to get it online.

I'd hoped to get more done (we have a bunch of new stuff in the works, but not finished yet) but we had to cut this weekend short because of unforeseen circumstances. It's not the full thing, but at least you can gauge the talent of our new keyboardist.

Enjoy :)