Some bands to check

really? you cant just go to youtube and type in "power metal" "heavy metal" and just scroll through and find stuff?

I appreciate anyone who seeks out new music releases and shares the information with others. I especially appreciate people who do the above and have good taste. Pirage (Firebreath) is one of those people.

really? you cant just go to youtube and type in "power metal" "heavy metal" and just scroll through and find stuff?

Bob, do you realize you just complimented him in essence on one of the postings he did (which I have a hunch you haven't heard of previously), only to downgrade his post by saying anyone could find this stuff? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Anyone know where to find the Frosttide? Their myspace page mentions they finished an EP but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I sent an email to them but haven't heard anything back.

Bob, do you realize you just complimented him in essence on one of the postings he did (which I have a hunch you haven't heard of previously), only to downgrade his post by saying anyone could find this stuff? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

My post wasnt a personal attack. I was just stating that finding stuff isnt hard to do and people seem to be amazed when something gets posted. In this day and age on the internet it is easier than ever to find stuff. Nothing wrong with posting about it but people seem to act like the cure for cancer was discovered sometimes. hasnt anyone ever just gone to youtube and searched stuff? That is how I discover lots of bands....I used to just search bands on myspace and go to thier freinds section and look what bands looked decent.

Anyone know where to find the Frosttide? Their myspace page mentions they finished an EP but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I sent an email to them but haven't heard anything back.

may want to check out trollzorn's mailorder. I used to order lots from them. They have the best selection of pagan / viking stuff out there and really quick shipping.

My post wasnt a personal attack. I was just stating that finding stuff isnt hard to do and people seem to be amazed when something gets posted. In this day and age on the internet it is easier than ever to find stuff. Nothing wrong with posting about it but people seem to act like the cure for cancer was discovered sometimes. hasnt anyone ever just gone to youtube and searched stuff? That is how I discover lots of bands....I used to just search bands on myspace and go to thier freinds section and look what bands looked decent.

Wasn't trying to imply you were personally attacking him, it just seemed a little odd and unnecessary was all. Yeah, I guess you can find stuff on Youtube but not a lot of people have the time to do so. And some of the bands that are even mentioned on this thread, you would never find if you just did a power metal search unless you got extremely lucky. Just saying...

Will the internet run out of bands ever? can't see it can you!

Auvernia - Afraid of Me. Argentinian band's second album. Album out soon they say. It sounds like a musically adventurous, slightly technical sci-fi power/death metal with clean production basically. Vocals could be better though and need to be better cause the accent is a little off putting for me. The medley here gives you an idea about each song and there are some great passages shame the vocals ruin things a bit.

Tarantula - Spiral of Fear. New album from Portugal's longest running power metal band. Here is the new single. Doesn't do a great deal for me to be honest but it may do for you. Plus the vid doesn't have any ladies in it, only hairy portugeezers! :)

Ghee Yeh - Turn the Page. An unknown and I mean unknown neo-classical shredder dude from Chile. His album is much more palatable than his beloved Yngwie though thankfully. It's not brilliant but has a few cool tunes. The vocalist is a bit shit with his bad accent and screaming but he's just about bearable, maybe it's Mr. Yeh himself who knows! This song is quite cool though you have to admit!

Forgotten Tales - We Shall See The Light. Canadians return. It's alright but it ain't doing that much for me. Sounds a bit weak especially the rather average production. Here's a song. Her voice is quite pleasant but the keys ruin this song they sound that cheap.

Helker - A.D.N. Argentinian mid paced heavy power metal band singing in Spanish. Better to sing in Spanish than whine and squeal in English I say! Dare I say it..dare I.. but the dude sounds like Dio especially on the second song here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOwofopik2o&feature=related[/ame]

See you tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
On horses of steel ARMOR COLUMN advances onto the scene in defense of true metal. The forces were mustered in late 2007 when SKINLESS guitarist Noah Carpenter joined with HELD UNDER's drummer Johnny G, and vocalist Jeff Andrews. The formation is completed with Ray Russell on guitar, and bassist Tom Barber. Hailing from the Albany, New York region, ARMOR COLUMN's mission is to attack local stages with their brand of POWERTHRASH and continue the imperialistic onslaught to lands beyond. In April 2009 ARMOR COLUMN descended upon Max Trax Studios in Albany, NY to record their first EP "Armor Up Your Ass." The EP is now available through MWA Records. See you on the battlefield!!! ADVANCE, ATTACK, ENCIRCLE, DESTROY!!!
NEW!!! Full-length album "Maximum Collateral Damage" coming in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to that Nautiluz EP for a while now. It's like "what would happen if Warmen got into a head-on collision with Stratovarious," which I appreciate. The keyboardist is pretty sick.