Some ebay crap... advice needed

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
Sold an SVT4 on OCT 3rd (when it was paid) 2-3 weeks ago buyer messages me saying he turned it on smoke came out and it didn't work (mind you he's had it for quite some time at this point) So he wanted to know if he should take it to amp tech, i said sure, he then responds 2 days ago saying all the mosfets need to be replaced it would be nearly ~500 so he wants a refund. We've done several tours, god knows how many hours were logged on it, and it was packed extremely well. I believe there was user error on his part...

Mind you it's almost been 2 months. If he tries to file a claim, is there any chance of him winning this?

I've had a similar thing happen before in the same time frame, said no and that was the end of it, nearly shat it at the thought of losing 500 quid cos PayPal seller protection is awful but stand firm if its not your fault at this point and you should be ok.

It's been over 45 days and assuming everything you said is true, then it'll be an error on his part, essentially, no, he can't do anything, and you're fine :D

That's not how ebay works. Buyer files claim, seller gets raped.

With enough documentation, pictures etc, you can win just about anything. It may take time, but if someone files a claim, the best thing to do is call and talk to someone at paypal. Both paypal and usps insurance have saved my ass quite a few times when I used to make a living off ebay.