Some Gigantour pics I took!

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I got some shots of Nevermore, Fear Factory, Anthrax, and Megadeth! Here are a couple, and a link to more is at the end of the post! The sun and lights were super bright and made for some blurry pics unfortunately. Thanks for viewing :)

anthrax06.jpg

anthrax08.jpg

To see all the pics, click here!

Riehlthing said:
I was up at that show. Had a real "great" time. As the thread I just posted a bit ago noted. I took a couple pictures of the crowd from my camera phone.

I read that. That's a real bummer man. That's how this business works, though. It gets pretty lame at times.

On an unrelated note... I have to say that Anthrax REALLY impressed me last at this show! I don't own any of their albums, but I saw them live back in like '98 with Pantera and they were good. But they totally stole the show at Gigantour, I thought. Awesome energy on stage, and Joey sounded really good. Time to "catch up" and start checking out some of their albums. Which would be the best to start with?

dead_fetus said:
I read that. That's a real bummer man. That's how this business works, though. It gets pretty lame at times.

On an unrelated note... I have to say that Anthrax REALLY impressed me last at this show! I don't own any of their albums, but I saw them live back in like '98 with Pantera and they were good. But they totally stole the show at Gigantour, I thought. Awesome energy on stage, and Joey sounded really good. Time to "catch up" and start checking out some of their albums. Which would be the best to start with?

There's a new anthology which has lots of remastered stuff on it which would bw as good a place as any to start. We've come for you all or Sound of white noise are both great records with John Bush singing. I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions on here of what to listen to though!

dead_fetus said:

No contest, Spreading the disease and among the living are the way to get into ANTHRAX! especially if you dug the classic line up show!

LOL all your shots of Megadeth are just of Dave. Great pictures though! I fucking missed Nevermore - but I had a blast at the rest of the PA show they did. Minus the fact that Anthrax wasn't on the tour yet. Gigantour totally blew Ozzfest away this year, and it was so much cheaper. I vote again for next year.

dead_fetus said:

Buy the new live CD that' scoming out.... "Alive 2"

Thrillho said:
LOL all your shots of Megadeth are just of Dave. Great pictures though! I fucking missed Nevermore - but I had a blast at the rest of the PA show they did. Minus the fact that Anthrax wasn't on the tour yet. Gigantour totally blew Ozzfest away this year, and it was so much cheaper. I vote again for next year.
meh, look at the second to last pic, it's focused on Glen

dead_fetus said:
Time to "catch up" and start checking out some of their albums. Which would be the best to start with?

We've Come For You All, The Greater Of Two Evils definitely.

Yeah, I had a photo pass. I could have reached up and pulled Mustaine's legs out from under him if I wanted to, haha.

dutchy said:
what was the crowd size??

It was very small,there were alot of people on the floor, but just a smattering of fans in the seats. Just before anthrax took the stage the event staff let everyone from where we were sitting in the 200 level move down to the seats just behind the pit. It was sad, but good for us, we got to see Anthrax better! :headbang: