Some help with the mix of my band's new song? (Rockish, vocals in Finnish)

That sounds good! I don't like the vocals, though... reminds me of Olli Lindholm from Yö.. sorry :)

Hahaha, as much I wouldn't want to, I have to agree :) Gladly they aren't the final vocals, and we'll have our other guitarist screaming backing vocals when we finally get round to it. I'll personally try to spank the vocalist for a bit heavier interpretation :)

What did you use for guitars?

They're 100% plugins. Basically Guitarsuite SD-1 -> Wagner Sharp -> CurveEQ -> Revalver impulse module with GuitarHack impulses -> CurveEQ -> Waves C4. We wanted to do the guitars with the other guitarists 5150, but we were in a hurry and getting the head and cab to my place would've been too much work. Well, at least I've got the DI tracks so I can reamp them (or get them reamped by someone else) :)

Sounds ok but :

-a bit too much reverb on the snare
-open hi-hat or something does not sound right... (for instance from the beginning to 00:20)... the ride sounds also a bit weird (or just maybe a bit too loud)
-a bit too much bass
-I'd raise the guitars a little bit (and they sound quite decent)
-don't like the singing so much also :)

Sounds ok but :

-a bit too much reverb on the snare
-open hi-hat or something does not sound right... (for instance from the beginning to 00:20)... the ride sounds also a bit weird (or just maybe a bit too loud)
-a bit too much bass
-I'd raise the guitars a little bit (and they sound quite decent)
-don't like the singing so much also :)

Thanks for the input! I agree with your points, except I kinda like the loud ride :) I always end up putting too much bass in a mix. It sounds fine and balanced on my small Events, but when listened to in a car etc. that has proper low-end, the bass guitar kinda jumps right to your face and makes stuff a bit muddy. I really need a sub or a pair of bigger monitors :/

Actually, I think the mix is pretty decent.
Vocals are okay, could be a tad dryer, lil less loud and warmer(?), the style is fine with me :)

I think the snare sits fine in the mix, verb does a good job here, I think it's just a matter of taste if it's too much verb...
The only thing that really distracts me is the somewhat aggressive highend of the cymbals/drums, do you have the SSL comp?
Try and strap it over the OH, with the Ambience preset, works wonders...

Oh and the bass sounds good on my headphones (which are very forgiving though...) and on my consumer stereo system, can
give it a shot in my car tomorrow which is very revealing if the lowend is being too muddy....
I always struggle with it on my mixes...

Actually, I think the mix is pretty decent.
Vocals are okay, could be a tad dryer, lil less loud and warmer(?), the style is fine with me :)

I think the snare sits fine in the mix, verb does a good job here, I think it's just a matter of taste if it's too much verb...
The only thing that really distracts me is the somewhat aggressive highend of the cymbals/drums, do you have the SSL comp?
Try and strap it over the OH, with the Ambience preset, works wonders...

Oh and the bass sounds good on my headphones (which are very forgiving though...) and on my consumer stereo system, can
give it a shot in my car tomorrow which is very revealing if the lowend is being too muddy....
I always struggle with it on my mixes...

Thanks a lot for the tips! Yeah, the vocal mix is horrible, but it was just a single scratch track to help me see the structure of the song :) We ran out of time for the vocals, so they'll have to wait until me and the singer have time to sit in front of the DAW for a couple of hours.