Some Kind of Monster DVD Insert

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I was at old Wally World last night, I happen to glance over at the magazines. I was looking for Guitar World, I don't even play guitar! Okay I can play some, but in no way would I consider mtyself even mediocre, I'm actually decent at the instrument of ignorance...
Back to the post, I saw the latest issue, with that drinken, stinky, mofo Zakk Wylde on the cover, play a Rhodes signature V guitar! How could you pass that up?!
Enclosed in the magazine, there was a DVD Sampler for the Metallica$h movie"Some kind of Monster." Before you pan it, like you did their last record, you have to check out the Trailer, it looks pretty interesting & I can say that I would go see that damn thing! If you happen to buy Guitar World & you buy this issue, check out the DVD you'll probably have a different view of Metallica$h.
They are human & there still appaers to be some coolness inside them, they just don't show it....

I'll go see it - for the record - I am a HUGE Metallica fan, and I have always given them the benefit of the doubt. I have listened to St. Anger at least 20 or 30 times, and I just hate it (although the 2 songs they are doing live - St. Anger and Frantic sound GREAT live)...anyway...

I think Metallica have gotten a lot of bad press...some deserved, some not deserved. They are human, and at the end of the day - they have ALWAYS done what they want musically - in the early days, it just so happened that what they wanted to do coincided with what a lot of fans wanted them to do. James has been through a lot of shit with his substance abuse issues and Cliff dying (which I say had the most impact of any event in Metallica's history). Anyway - as far as musician's go, I have a hell of a lot of respect for Hetfield's rhythm skills...he is one of the all time great rhythm guitarists. I think Trujillo is a great addition to the band, and I HOPE that they got this shit out of their system and do something with a better drum sound and some more focussed song structures...but again - that's what I want to see, and might not be what they feel like doing. I will at least give them credit for not simply rehashing shit that they have already done - they did what they wanted and put it out there for everyone to see. Whether I like it or not, I respect that.

That's my 3 1/2 cents...

:D I think it will be worth Checkin out! Metallica is responsable for so much no matter How bad their records get I will always buy em hahaha Fucking Die-Hard when will I learn?! I liked the song "Sweet Amber" of St.A Awsome Song I love it when it breaks down and theres that Killer Rythem Riff and for just a minuete you get a feel for the power and emotion they once had That song alone made the album worth the 15 bucks! that and Everything sounds better on the DVD IMO

Personally, Metallica have let me down three albums in a row. I still love their old stuff but I won't see this in the theater and I may rent it. I would really rather give my money to a band that is trying a little harder.

I don't know if you guys have seen the Classic Albums, Dvd on Metallica's Black Album, it's choice, yes even if you don't like the record! Another Killer Classic Album's Dvd is the Priest for British Steel & Maiden's Number of the Beast!!!!
They smoke behind the music! More informative & includes better footage & stories!
I wish they would do more!!!!!

sixxswine said:
I don't know if you guys have seen the Classic Albums, Dvd on Metallica's Black Album, it's choice, yes even if you don't like the record! !

I've got that one , it's cool to see how much work went into that album. I like the piece on Michael Kamen ' he was such a great musician. It would have been nice if they played the full songs though.

I visited the website for that movie and checked the samples they have there but didn´t find it to be all that interesting to go see. I´ll probably download it though to check it out because of curiosity. I´m not in a hurry though.