some oldschool flyers

This is a cool one....made me remember Astaroth, good Speed band from Italy !!

celticfrostflyer.jpg

Here's a Flyer of the '86 Dynamo open air festival. It was organised by the Dynamo club, where Hawk was a DJ at that time. Amazing what bands passed by on that festival through the years and it all was FREE !!! (except for the beer :)

Dynamo%2086.jpg

Holy Crap!
This is great!
I have to dig up some old flyers now!
I recognize so many of these ads and magazines, esp the Mongol Horde stuff! Someone has the first issues of Metal Forces, hah!
Glad I found this site!

King Fowley is God said:
Holy Crap!
This is great!
I have to dig up some old flyers now!
I recognize so many of these ads and magazines, esp the Mongol Horde stuff! Someone has the first issues of Metal Forces, hah!
Glad I found this site!

Welcome! Enjoy yourself and make a lot of noise!!!!!:hotjump: :wave:

Great thread. A lot of fun to look at and reminisce. I wonder what the hell I have stashed away in vinyls, etc. Keep 'em coming please.

another great poster, wish I could have been there !!!! What an amazing collection of bands....I think 80-81-82 Reading festivals were among the best ever !!

1980_readingRockAdvert.jpg

Man, I would've loved to be some 20 years older so I could savour the golden age of hard rock and heavy metal in person... :erk:
I bet nothing compares to being there all along as it happens, like Hawk, Carnut and other grandpas were. :D

SickBoy said:
Man, I would've loved to be some 20 years older so I could savour the golden age of hard rock and heavy metal in person... :erk:
I bet nothing compares to being there all along as it happens, like Hawk, Carnut and other grandpas were. :D

:lol:

carnut said:
another great poster, wish I could have been there !!!! What an amazing collection of bands....I think 80-81-82 Reading festivals were among the best ever !!

1980_readingRockAdvert.jpg

:OMG: nice poster I've yet to dig out my tub of old flyers...somewhere buried in the garage...I can share pics of my current metal room:
100_1391.jpg

100_1389.jpg

100_1388.jpg

100_1390.jpg

kittybeast said:
:tickled: :tickled: damn near fell out my chair!!!:tickled: :tickled:

You know I have seen him perform when he still had hair. Once in 1979 in Eindhoven during the Lovedrive tour and later in the 80s a few times. Among them the "Black Out" tour.

Both of those performances were good although the 1979 one in Eindhoven was one of the best gigs I ever saw. But maybe it was because it featured Micheal Schenker on lead guitar.

Naaa they were rocking that night and I shall never forget it. There were 500 people there and the Scorpions made us all sit on the floor and sing along with 'Holiday" while they sat at the front of the stage at arms length away from me.

Like I said, I'll never forget it. :)