Some people are just born with the purpose of creating music...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
... It goes in waves, amoung other facets of life too...

It's amazing what some people can create from scratch, with so much music out there, that something can have it's own character and 'shine' to it... The first machine head album, burn my eyes for example... a FIRST album for a band, totally awesome, i can't think of any other band who's first album (well, cynic doesn't really count) was so good that it couldn't be improved upon and built up from...

Fear factory's Demanufacture, such a perfect group of musicians, it wouldn't have worked with a different drummer, or a different singer... Dino's guitar lines only fit with the "Double kick and snare" harshness of herrera's style, and Burton's voice is amazing, possibly one of my favourite vocalists ever... his voice got even better on Obsolete, the music changed a little, but was awesome in a different way...

Morbid Angel. Formulas Fatal to the Flesh. Progressive Extreme Death Metal Madness. Trey is a god, of some freakish alien origin, albeit otherworldly. How the hell can you come up with something so fucking brutal as Heaving Earth, and such a cool section in that song, the "Barbaric Behavioral Patterns" riff is just plain nuts, and then come up with an 11 minute epic or a satriani-esque tapping motif? eh? Brilliant Madman is Trey, and Steve Tucker's voice :0 !!

Add to it, there is so much more, so many more musicians, Chuck Schuldiner, Kelly Schaffer, Roger Patterson, Jeff Loomis, James Hetfield, Michael Romeo... fuck... totally awesome...

People with so much seemingly natural talent make me jealous...make me wish I could create music that good instead of just listening to it.I guess that's a kind of driving force that pushes all musicians to greatness...

Originally posted by Black Winter Day
sure! i see it as TRUE talent to have NO AMBITION AT ALL WHATSOEVER, hahaha! seriously, you'c have to work hard at that! :lol:
I really don't give a fuck about much.

Well, i have ambition... Music is it for me, so one day you might hear my music, one day :)

-Trapped

(Kegan)

dont forget that furnace dodger Marty Friedman, wasnt chuck another spared?