Some people are just pretty damn pathetic...

I hear you man.. i hear you.. I need to stop giving away settings away as well.

You know what i hate the most? i get emails and PM's as well asking for the POD XT patch, DFHS settings, what i do on the master track, what my process is during recording, how i record, etc... now it's no problem if people want to know these things, but to just grab my time/explanation and settings and then never reply back to even say thanks or a decent reply to all the words and work i've put into the answer really gets me pissed off... like they have their settings now, they can't be arsed to reply and i can fuck off now.

I'll never forget ya, Bob. When I found your music on soundclick and started showing you :lol: the crap that I make and was asking for advice and settings/tips... :lol: I'll never forget being all stoked because "I got drum samples from the Toxic Grind Machine guy off soundclick and now my songs are going to kick so much ass" :lol: and I was clueless about EVERY.THING. I cant believe I showed you garbage using DRY SAMPLES :lol: WTF.
um. yeah. love ya, bob.
:kickass:

p.s. in a totally gay way, too.

I'll never forget ya, Bob. When I found your music on soundclick and started showing you :lol: the crap that I make and was asking for advice and settings/tips... :lol: I'll never forget being all stoked because "I got drum samples from the Toxic Grind Machine guy off soundclick and now my songs are going to kick so much ass" :lol: and I was clueless about EVERY.THING. I cant believe I showed you garbage using DRY SAMPLES :lol: WTF.
um. yeah. love ya, bob.
:kickass:

p.s. in a totally gay way, too.

Haha.. love you too man! :kickass:

I acctualy stoped reading any 3'rd party settings and feel pretty hesitant sharing mine...

I think the whole idea to become a good producer/ae/whatever is to train your ears and come up with your own solutions and approaches

Presets and given settings kill your own potential metinks.

abyssmetalbro.jpg

I usually don't get stuff like that, but I haven't recorded anything decent in the last couple years so that's probably why. I do generally got pissed off when I try to explain IRs to people who won't get it.

I point to their pocket POD, say, "Cab sim = IR", they blink and say, "Yeah, but what about on a computer?"

And IF they actually get it, they want me to fetch every decent IR ever made for them.

If he used the term "Metal Brothers."

You sure it wasn't Demaio??? Hhahah

this is funny! hahaha

the whole part about "I was gonna send you shirts and cds of my band part is hilarious! you should've answered something like "it's a real shame I aint getting those shirts and cds cause I'm running out of spare jewel cases and toilet paper at home"

interesting Topic...but seriously...i mean it is cool when someone here is posting his presets of guitarchains, snare chains etc and i am always happy when some gives away some of his stuff...but it will never sound the same. i monitor this forum for years now and i learned alot from all the guys here by playing with presets etc. But it is a shame that so many people are begging for presets at the moment.
i think it is ok to lern about some tricks...like dandelium soloC boost before the 8505...really awesome idea...but all the people are like:
"Yeah..i have Dandeliums guitar chain....Neon Bobs Drum samples...Behinderts downshifted guitar... i will make the record of the year!"
then they try to "mix" this and then....EEEEEEHHHH....game over.

"Yeah..i have Dandeliums guitar chain....Neon Bobs Drum samples...Behinderts downshifted guitar... i will make the record of the year!"
then they try to "mix" this and then....EEEEEEHHHH....game over.

ROFL......Sad But True!

It is a mistake often made, and i made that mistake as well when i was green.

Feverishly PM'ing people who have a great sound, use their samples, guitar EQ settings.. just to find out that is no effect on your own recordings, and that it IS actually all in the ears, and not in pre-sets and settings of another.
I do share my stuff because A: im confident that people can copy/paste the whole deal, but it will never sound the same, and B: because it gives a nice insight of how i work for people interested, and i always enjoy seeing settings of others and see how they work as well.

But what happened to abyssofdreams is on a whole other level.. wow.

yeah...that is what i am talking about. when people ask for setting they often have in mind that they will sound the same....but they won't!
it's like shool...if you just copy the homework of someone else you won't lern anything.