POD people... I need some pointers right now, please!

I'll give the DiamondPlate a try tonight... With the right settings, I don't feel it's that much different than the Treadplate. I used that all the time before I got the Metal Shop pack...

I think the Diamond Plate is definitely working with me right now... it sounds much rawer, bigger, and less POD-ish than the Big Bottom, definitely. I might have to pull-off a clip once I'm done with this stupid essay assignment.

The only problem with the Diamondplate model IMO is that it's a bit nasally around the 2k range, but that's an easy fix with the onboard eq!

I use the MS-BRIT SILVER model. To me it just sounds more real than most of the other ones.

I set the amp drive on about 5, and I use the "Screamer" to get the gain up there.

I use the 4x12 treadplate for fooling around, but if I'm going to record something I really want to keep, I'll use impulses. They sounds worlds better.

Oh, and I also roll off a lot of high end with the on board EQ. I think the top end of everything the POD does sounds like cock and balls.