Some pretty amazing photos here...

Damn Larf, someone piss in your cheerios? I was joking about that picture you had once of you jamming and not having your shit plugged in.

You said having a band was cool, I joked that now you're too busy rocking you dont have time to plug in... not a real issue.

Lose some of that frost yourself, homz

J the TyranT said:
Damn Larf, someone piss in your cheerios? I was joking about that picture you had once of you jamming and not having your shit plugged in.

You said having a band was cool, I joked that now you're too busy rocking you dont have time to plug in... not a real issue.

Lose some of that frost yourself, homz

...Sorry I was feeling edgy ... I really posted like an ass didn't I...

Well, the reason why I don't have a band anymore is that I simply don't have time and NO ONE wants to play thrash... ANyways, I don't play guit when I'm in a band, I sing! ... Hence the microphone usage.. :)

Geez... I really responded like an ass... Sorry again :(

Larf03 said:
I actually got the Idea from Peter Gabriel who does about the same think for multi-tracking in live situations...

*sigh* ...having a band was cool ...

I was wondering why he had two mics on the Growing Up Live DVD, which by the way I believe is one of the best music DVDs ever. Does he have one of his mics setup with a filter like that too, going to different effects or how does he work it?

Matt Lee said:
I was wondering why he had two mics on the Growing Up Live DVD, which by the way I believe is one of the best music DVDs ever. Does he have one of his mics setup with a filter like that too, going to different effects or how does he work it?

From what you can hear on that DVD (yes, it IS one of the best music dvd ever!)... I think he uses the two mics for either reverberation and pitch shifting chorus-thingy... Whatever he is doing is very suble so I guess whatever effects he might be using is processed by computer because analogue filtering will be much less stable and very "unprofessionnal" ...

A VERY good exemple of someone using multi-track filters is Dani Filth... His vocals are all his but he can't humanly sing them at the same loudness. Different amplification and reverberation is used for every pitches he uses... If you've ever seen a CoF show, you have most certainly noticed that the sound of his voice is not very constant... It's mainly du to that. Using analogue filters on the sounboard is very effective and quick but much unstable and noisy...

When I designed MY filter, it wasn't a setting I place on the soundboard, it was a basic 2nd grade active filter I made with an OP amp and a couple of resistors and capacitors... I took my mike and plugged it to a scope meter, recorded the waveform of the pitches I'd use and extracted the frequency of the fundamental wave of the two main pitches...

Then I chose my components and it was GREATLY effective... whatever happened to those??? :confused:

Guerrilla said:
Come on I thought we all discussed the mic issue the last time he posted pics. The dude is willing to sacrifice masculinity for mobility, you gotta respect that.
:lol:

Ophidian said:
sup K

who's the load queen on vox?

haha

I need to check you guys out live soon

Ophidian:headbang:
Same shit, man. You should come check us out on Monday at the Fenix with King's X! It's going to be a pretty terrific show!

Take care, my friend.