some questions about wiring emgs

s34nsm411

May 3, 2004
i got a burny les paul custom copy yesterday and i also bought some emgs and wired them in, everything seems to work fine except the pickup switch is reversed. i just ghetto fixed it by turning the switch 180 degrees but i think i want to go back and do it properly

im following diagram 5 on this http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/Humbuckers_active.pdf

if i just switch the two pickup output cables would that solve my problem? and also where the hell is the ground from the guitar supposed to connect to? i dont see it anywhere on that diagram, it just looks like the ground is grounded to all the components but not the guitar itself. right now the guitar ground wire is just hanging around the cavity, but i dont notice a lot of noise or anything, does the battery act as a ground or something?

Unsold the 2 wires from the volume pot case, switch the 2 pickup wires and resold. Probably you have sold in the wrong way.
For the ground, if you read the IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES section, point 4, you'll have the answer you're searching for.