some questions re: PAIN

HEAVYMETALHEAD

metalmetalmetalmetal! \m/
Who are the musicians in the video "Suicide Machine"?

Who recorded the three PAIN albums besides Peter - or did he
do all instrumentation on these albums himself?

When playing live, who has performed in PAIN other than Peter?

I've tried to find on the Internet who the session/live musicians are,
but haven't had any luck. Does anybody know???

Mark,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PAIN/

If I´m not terribly wrong, I´d say the live performers in Pain are (at least)
Horgh, Matthias(hope I´m writing it right), the ex-Hypo member, and Andreas, the "new" live quitarrist of Hypo. Then there might´ve been people I don´t know.

The guys performing in Suicide Machine might also be (at least) Matthias and Andreas, maybe Horgh as well. And Mr.Tägtgren for sure, hehe.

And I quess Mr.Tägtgren is behind all of the Pain-recordings. Mainly anyway.

And the guy playing keyboard is devo andersson ex-marduk.
At least in the shut your mouth video he is.

On the albums, Peter Tägtgren does everything, however the track "Just Hate Me" features bass played by Peter Kahm. Live members are Peter Tägtgren on vocals and guitars, Saroth (Immortal) on bass, and Horgh on drums. Keyboards, I have no idea.

Anyone know where i can find PAIN cd singles!?... i live in SA Texas and the nearest import cd place is downtown (20 miles away) and they only sell full metal cds..

wolf said:
Well how is Pain? :err: Anywhere as good as Hypocrisy?

I got into Pain before Hypo as well and HELL yes it is as good! They´re not in the same league, no no no, but marvellous in their own places. I would say, that Hypo is (for me) the best metal there is and Pain is the best "technometal" there is. Period.
And yes, I consider Mr.Tägtgren as a god among us.

lumitalvi said:
I got into Pain before Hypo as well and HELL yes it is as good! They´re not in the same league, no no no, but marvellous in their own places. I would say, that Hypo is (for me) the best metal there is and Pain is the best "technometal" there is. Period.
And yes, I consider Mr.Tägtgren as a god among us.
Ditto from me- on all counts lumitalvi!!!:D

I found my PAIN CDs from.... ahhh shit I forget. Wasn't easy though! :loco: I think the first two were used eBay finds, and Nothing Remains the Same I got from cduniverse.com on import. The self-titled sounds like Hypocrisy doing a Fear Factory tribute, Rebirth is techno-metal, and Nothing Remains the Same is very catchy dance/pop/hard rock I guess.

I don't like it as much as Hypocrisy, but it's still very good stuff and worth searching for. Oh, and Dark Fields of Pain (from Rebirth) would probably be in my top 5 Tägtgren songs, it is simply incredible.

EDIT: Oh yes, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, any fan of PAIN should check out 30 Seconds to Mars and probably Thee Maldoror Kollective as well, both have some excellent techno-metal stuff.