some review I read about Resurrection Through Carnage

Scavneck

Ominous Bloodvomit
May 20, 2006
Belgrade, Serbia
this is a review I read at http://www.metal-archives.com/

blah... - 32%
Written by Rottrephile on April 17th, 2003

First off let me say that individually, I hate every single band that each member of Bloodbath has been involved with. Opeth and Katatonia are both incomprehensive wanking sessions. That said, this futile attempt to acknowledge the old school death metal style falls short greatly of what the actual bands of that era accomplished.

Listen to a few Grave cds, those Swedish psychos put this crap to shame. I'm not a big fan of Entombed or Dismember, but they still kick the shit out of this band. The vocals are hit-or-miss for too much of the album. In an old school album, death vocals are the product of raspy, sore throated yell. What we are "treated" to here just doesn't have the in your face feel that I get every time I pop in one of my old school Grave albums.

The guitar is nowhere near to being heavy enough and, sadly, makes the songs feel less aggressive than what could have been. The bass...non-existant under the distortion of the guitar. The drums almost hit the nail on the head, but just seem TOO simplified at points. Granted, classic death drumming is relatively simple, but there were fills, drum rolls, tom rides...not just the same damn monotonous back-beat.

All in all, this cannot be called a true return to the old school death metal, because it has too much of a modern melodic and dumbed down feel to it. If you love that over-emotional ass-wipe from Opeth, you probably don't know too much about classic death anyways. If you'll excuse me, I will wash this filth from me with some of my trusty Carcass cds. Rotten to the Gore!

maybe most of you read it already, but people like this are just sad

"First off let me say that individually, I hate every single band that each member of Bloodbath has been involved with. Opeth and Katatonia are both incomprehensive wanking sessions."

that just about says it all, Im sure its all about preconception

Think the guy holds his entire music collection upon his Grave cd's. lol.

He basically sez from the get go he doesnt like either band. So you knew it was going to be a stupid review. :loco: Oh well.

He's missing out.

why bother reviewing something if you're just going to cling to your favorite band and then bias the music?

If he can't appreciate Opeth or Katatonia, well then we've got a problem from the start.