Some stats about this years "guess the roster" contest

We beat this discussion to death when I booked Hammerfall & Kamelot (with both touring that year), but I'll say it again. The days of the "exclusive" type headliners will be few and far between. There simply isn't much left that is either realistic in terms of cost or an actual draw for more than a cult audience. Times change and it's a different ball game than even five years ago.

There are 12 other slots for me to put exclusive type bands in that make sense and will draw our core, repeat audience.

Sooo this means no Powermad?:erk:

One of the headliners for the much dreaded final PP will be Ayreon.
Nah. Glenn will roust up the troops for a shitload of cash to bring Trans-Siberian Orchestra to Headline Friday Night, Jon Oliva's Pain will be the main support, and on Saturday....the very last act for ProgPower USA.....and with TSO and JOP in the house there would be no reason not to.....is...SAVATAGE!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

He did not. However, Dream Evil sings about that "fucking Snowy Shaw" on my favorite song from the new disc.

I blast that song at gatherings at my house whenever things slow down - if kids are in the room, I just have to be quick with the volume on that line.

I've never had anyone in the house who knew who Dream Evil was... but the song is ALWAYS a hit.

There is one way to bring the "exclusivity" factor back to ProgPower, and I know it's probably heresy to many here to suggest, but open up the limiting definition of the fest (by name) to other genres. Doom, Death, Black, Thrash, Goth, Traditional, etc....it'd provide an endless array of bands to pull from that don't play the states (shameless plug...My Dying Bride!!!). Yes, I understand it somewhat defeats the original intent, but the fest has begun to branch into these other areas to a slight degree already...If something like this isn't entertained, then Glenn's notion of the fest not lasting too many more years rings true. The "headliner" is losing it's cache, and continuously repeating bands will force many to lose interest, as there's no doubt a huge chunk of the PP populous travel a long distance, myself included. If it turns into a fest of 3rd and 4th tier bands with a bunch of 1st and 2nd tier repeats, I doubt many will continue to invest the expense. Thankfully that day hasn't come yet, but any willing to look toward the future without rose-colored glasses can see it coming. Change is inevitable, and entities that refuse to embrace it or at the very least cope with it will become obsolete...

Well, if we're going to start ignoring the brand, I'd rather see softer than harder. Bands like Ten and Arena, mentioned earlier, Jeff Scott Soto, Work of Art, Eclipse on the hard rock side. IQ and Spock's Beard on the prog rock side.

IQ and Spock's Beard on the prog rock side.

Add MAGIC PIE to that list. Awesome prog rock from Norway

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NwyhZ4w0o&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuEITs2vFA&feature=related[/ame]

I've argued it before, but I'd like to see Sylvan play at Progpower.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwGClWZfuE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: