Some very good news for the IMG!

Well, as most of you have probably noticed by now, UltimateMetal.com has been planning a move to newer, better, faster servers. That'll mean that UM can grow without limits, and be faster and smoother too! :)

Seeing our struggles with FortuneCity, and knowing how hard good web space is to find, Strangeworld (Mark) has again offered to help us out here at the IMG with some web space on the new servers! :D :D :D

That'll mean that I can finally go ahead and develop the site to it's fullest, and proudly offer our music there for all to hear! Heck, it might even mean we could have GULP, visitors! :lol:

Anyway, all that Mark is asking is that we pay for bandwidth at the low, low rate of $3/Gig. Yes, $3/Gig! :) Even I can afford that! :lol:

I have already thanked Mark on our behalf, and to show our gratitude I'd like to encourage the IMG faithful to make a donation to UltimateMetal.com. Even a small donation will go a long way to making UltimateMetal the best Metal site on the web! Please do not in any way feel obligated to donate, but if you feel that you can spare a bit please use the "Make a Donation" button above.

Once again, I'd like to thank Mark on behalf of the whole IMG crew for his gracious offer! You ROCK, Strangeworld! :)

ok, ok, time for me to check this sucker out...cos damn this idea sounds badassed. a friend of mine and i were all over using computer based equip to make music. sadly though, he isn't a metal fan, so it would have a more experimental Tool/Radiohead edge. i would push for more within the realms of keys and shit, to kinda give it a proggy edge just to make it metal. ( silly me ) but hell, the opportunity alone is AMAZING.

i will check out the place in more detail.

I have already thanked Mark on our behalf, and to show our gratitude I'd like to encourage the IMG faithful to make a donation to UltimateMetal.com. Even a small donation will go a long way to making UltimateMetal the best Metal site on the web! Please do not in any way feel obligated to donate, but if you feel that you can spare a bit please use the "Make a Donation" button above.
Done deal. Glad to help out.

Originally posted by Lotus_Eater_RVD
ok, ok, time for me to check this sucker out...cos damn this idea sounds badassed. a friend of mine and i were all over using computer based equip to make music. sadly though, he isn't a metal fan, so it would have a more experimental Tool/Radiohead edge. i would push for more within the realms of keys and shit, to kinda give it a proggy edge just to make it metal. ( silly me ) but hell, the opportunity alone is AMAZING.

i will check out the place in more detail.

That's great Lotus! :) Welcome to the crew!

If you have any questions, etc please post them here or e-mail me at captain58@zoominternet.net and we'd be happy to help out!

:)

Heh, I didn't realise at first that it was you Unholy Punishment! :)

E-mail me or PM for more info when you're ready.

When you look through the songs that are on the site right now, please remember that some of our better ones aren't on there due to the lousy file size limit there and that the ones that are there are encoded very low and don't sound nearly as good as the mp3s. :)

Just an update - the new server will be in place within the next few days, and everything will be set for IMG to move in next week. Tis up to EC then, of course ;) :p

Rock!