Somebody frickin tell me

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
How this works. My senile old grandmother sent it to me in a email, and it fascinates me. Seriously. It's not like those math tricks when they feed you a bunch of bullshit and give you a formula to find your age and stuff. You don't put any numbers in the computer, you just click the "next" button twice. And it fucking reads your mind.

Tell me how it works. Before I go insane.

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/games/magic-gopher-central.swf

YOU DONT EVEN ENTER ANY DAMN NUMBERS

THERES NO FORMULA

NO HINTS

NO NOTHING

the only possible answer. the fucking gopher really reads your mind.

They probably just placed the same symbol by the most common numbers after determining which number would be generated from each original number. It would only require a simple formula. In fact, if you do the math:
your number= 10a + b, where a is the digit in the tens place and b is the digit in the ones place.
final number=10a+b-(a+b)=9a.
Your number will always be nines times the number originally in the tens place. They probably put the same symbol at every multiple of nine to trick you.

Heres the question.do they know the exact fucking number? Oh... I see.

So basically they Place the exact same symbol for the multiple. Makes sense.

Okay.

Here is the formula for those wondering.

Take ... say 18 as your number, add the numbers together and you get 9, subtract 9 from the number and you're left with 9. It'll look as if the number you thought of was read from your mind ... but wait, lets test this out.

Try 17 next time, 7+1 = 8, subtract 8 from 17 and you get 9. Now try ... 38, 3+8 = 11 38-11 = 27.

You starting to see the pattern? They're all multiples of 9. Look at EVERY symbol that corresponds with a multiple of 9 on the thing when you do it. They're ALL the same, or should be.