someone get this shirt

Draugen said:
Well, actually the Nogger has been avaliable in Sweden for as long as I can remember, but this spring the black version came, and some people made associations I guess...

I think the "issue" was that the ice cream was black and the ad for it had "graffti" letters in it, and I guess that that anti racist orginisation thought that all people, like themselves apparently, know that only black people do graffiti :rolleyes:

Draugen said:
A funny thing here is that the swedish newspaper Kristianstadsbladet gave Nogger Black 3 K's out of 5 ("KKK" :D )

haha :D

Draugen said:
But the most bizarre thing is that some people (seriously) accuse the ice-cream Igloo Cola to have something to do with cocaine-addicted eskimoes!!! Now, this gives you a hint about the current national/racial weather is in Sweden...

Now this is fucking hilarous! :Spin:
I cannot understand why there is such a big discussion in Sweden about nationalism and stuff since every Swede i met was really proud of his country and I've heard that you hang Sweden flags on your christmas trees. No one would ever do this in Germany ('prohibited' by several unwritten laws ;)) but there is no discussion about Noggers and drug-addicted Eskimos ;)

Draugen said:
"För Kung Och Fosterland" ... I know it isn't nazi/racial in any way, but people are people and I seem to distance myself from them every day... :p

It has nothing to do with ethnics or politics, it just an old phrase we have here in sweden..like " han kämpade för kung och fosterland..etc.." and a singer/songwriter with links to comunistic arenas called "Björn Afselius" have a CD called "För kung och fosterland" as well.

..when will people start to think before they open their mouth???I find it sad to see that people think it's political..phew...

mr V

Vintersorg said:
It has nothing to do with ethnics or politics, it just an old phrase we have here in sweden..like " han kämpade för kung och fosterland..etc.." and a singer/songwriter with links to comunistic arenas called "Björn Afselius" have a CD called "För kung och fosterland" as well.

..when will people start to think before they open their mouth???I find it sad to see that people think it's political..phew...

mr V

Yep, but nevertheless, people seem to associate it with politics. It's a shame because the shirt is really nice and all that, but I have to say that I don't dare wearing it. Not that I'm afraid I will be beaten up :D , but I'm tired of defending a piece of text that (as Mr. V says) really shouldn't have to be defended.

If you dare to say that you're nationalistic in Sweden, you are immediatly labelled a nazi or somehting like that. And add to this, that during holidays such as Christmas or Midsummers Eve, Swedish people are incredibly proud that they're Swedish. But during other days of the year, it's a shame to be proud of your country, because then you are hostile to foreigners and immigrants... This reeks of double moral (or what it's called)!
Arrgh! This is the reason why I don't discuss politics anymore...

Hieronimus said:
Woah, I want that one! :eek:

As for that shirt, I bought it some time early last year. I also gave it to a friend because when I actualy got it to my home, I was suprised to see that the main picture was basicly pink or lavender. It looked more like blue or maybe periwinkle from the photo they had when I ordered it. Still an awesome shirt, but I'm not a huge fan of pink. As for the quote on the back, people are dumb. It's a great quote. Since 9-11, people in America have more offensive bumper stickers on their cars. Anyway, it's a very pretty shirt, I just wish I could have found it in grey-scale. =)

Thidrek said:
You should have washed it with some very black things or black color for clothings.
Yeah, it's the printed picture that's pinkish/purple.. washing it with black things or black dye would have just made the cotton of the shirt more black (if that's possible, hehe) Oh well, my bestfriend doesn't mind it being pinkish. She wears it a lot for lounging around the house.

@ MevyHetal

o.o I want that shirt so badly! Too bad it's too big, I'm only 5'2" and skinny...

Blast...