Someone mentioned LETHAL (I think metalized)...

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I think metalized mentioned the band LETHAL. This band is awesome and in the same vein as NEVERMORE, Queensryche, etc... They're from the state of Kentucky and I have 3 of their albums: Programmed, Poison Seed, and the E.P. "Your Favorite God." A friend of mine's cousin played on the "Programmed" album, Dell Hull-guitar. I don't think Dell is with them anymore. If anyone, I repeat anyone, has any new information regarding LETHAL please let me know if they have any more albums out or are still together. Any info is appreciated. Also, they had a video for "Immune" from Programmed on MTV's Headbangers Ball.

I loved those guys! I had a zine back in the day and interviewed the singer - nice people and what a cool video for Immune, I wish I had it on vhs.
I don't think they're around anymore but I couldn't be certain - they are thanked on the Politics album I think, and when I asked WD if he knew them, he said no, he wasn't sure why they were thanked...I think WD was wasted when I asked, but oh well...
If you find out anything, let me know, I thought they were awesome, still listen to Programmed too...only one I had.

I own "Programmed" LP (Vinyl) :devil:
and the rest two in CD.
"Your Favorite God" EP, was released in two editions. The normal one when it was first released.
Then it was rereleased with the bonus track "Balancing Acts", a great lyrical song with great guitars. One of the guitarists was Pat O' Bri... nah! I wont tell you :heh: Find out for yourselves you bastards!:heh:

EDIT: Last time i heard about those guys, they were looking for a contract.

Lehal Gossip: There has been rumors that their amazing singer was heading for an audition for Mystic Force. I dont know if this is true, but the later picked the singer of Oracle (William Wren) to replace Bobby Hicks. And they acted wisely, since Hicks was a great singer. BTW MF's new album "Man vs Machinne" kicks ass. Highly recomended (like any other MF release):headbang:

Thanks metalized for the info. Believe this or not I worked with a relative of LETHAL lead singer Tom Mallicoat. I worked for his distant cousin Carl Mallicoat when I was in college. Carl was the owner of a Big Valu Food Mart, and I worked in the produce dept. my first year in college at the ripe age of 18. Also, as I mentioned before, I know LETHAL guitarist, Dell Hull"s (on "Programmed") cousin, Kevin Hull. It's a small world in Kentucky. Lethal was from Erlanger, Kentucky which is close to Cincinnati, Ohio. I've got a flyer from the venue "Bogart's" in Cincy when I saw Aerosmith and Dokken back in like 1986-87 and the flyer says "first time anywhere, Lethal. (I guess it was their first time playing "out" in a venue.

Tom Malicoat is one of my favorite singers ever!
Tell him to start a group or something...
...that is if he can still sing.

I will add that Lethal has released a demo CD called "The arrival" which i dont own:cry:

They did release a demo, the arrival. This was their first release, it is on a cd with Mortal Sin. Lethal has 4 songs on the cd. Tom Malicoat is just incredible on this Cd also...........

Thanks for the info. I saw this split C.D. on e-Bay a few days ago when I typed in Lethal and hit search. I had heard that "The Arrival" was their first release but I just thought it was a single because their is a song called "Arrival" on Programmed. Cheers and take care.

P.S. Does anyone know the songs on "The Arrival" demo?

ZANEX said:
I think metalized mentioned the band LETHAL. This band is awesome and in the same vein as NEVERMORE, Queensryche, etc... They're from the state of Kentucky and I have 3 of their albums: Programmed, Poison Seed, and the E.P. "Your Favorite God." A friend of mine's cousin played on the "Programmed" album, Dell Hull-guitar. I don't think Dell is with them anymore. If anyone, I repeat anyone, has any new information regarding LETHAL please let me know if they have any more albums out or are still together. Any info is appreciated. Also, they had a video for "Immune" from Programmed on MTV's Headbangers Ball.
MALLICOAT HERE ALIVE, AND KICKIN!!!

metalized said:
Tom Malicoat is one of my favorite singers ever!
Tell him to start a group or something...
...that is if he can still sing.

I will add that Lethal has released a demo CD called "The arrival" which i dont own:cry:
WHEN I FIND THE RIGHT PEOPLE, YOU WILL HEAR ME AGAIN. KEEP ON ROCKIN!!!

Lethal were awesome. Wasn't Pat O'brien a member at one point?

If your reffering to Nasheim, thats not really considered Melodic Black Metal. I believe he's reffering to bands such as Dimmu or COF. Then again I could be entirely misenterpreting it.