Something I posted On Myspace about tonights show...

Jun 2, 2002
Chicago area
Visit site
So, today's the day. If someone would have told me when I was a kid that one day I would be in a band opening up for Anthrax, I would think they where on crack. Well guess what? I am in a band, and I am opening up for ANTHRAX!!. I have been a die hard Anthrax fan since 1987. I went to my first Anthrax concert in 1995. And I have not missed a show in the Chicago land area since. This is such a dream come true. Anthrax has been a big part of my life. Their music is so inspirational to me. A lot of bands in the metal genre have come and gone over the years, but Anthrax has remained a valid and vital name in the metal industry. I am so beside myself knowing that in a few hours, I will be sharing the stage with one of the most incredible metal bands to grace this planet. Can anyone you imagine growing up being a huge fan of a band, and one day being in a band your self, and playing a show with them? Man this is crazy. This is going to be a night I will not soon forget. I have butterfly's in my stomach. But I guess that is to be expected. I am happy i get to share this experience with all of my friends and family. I will see you all tonight from the stage. Drinks to all my friends. OUT..

David Erickson aka Dave Damage

Can anyone you imagine growing up being a huge fan of a band, and one day being in a band your self, and playing a show with them?
i can imagine it (stands on coffee table with a towel as a cape and a hair brush as a microphone. one arm in the air, "scream for me nashville, scream for me nashville") but, you are going to do it for real. :worship:

Dave, aka Buddy,

Have a great show tonight. That's so great that you guys are opening for your all time favorite band. My ex sent you an e-mail on myspace too. He once opened for Joey on his solo tour and he said you must be 1000 times more psyched to be opening for anthrax. I wish I could go. I'll be thinking of ya.:headbang:

:kickass: That's awesome dude! It's always great to hear stories like yours. For a longtime fan of something to one day achieve something that at one point was beyond a dream like your band opening for Anthrax, shows that if you apply yourself to something who knows what can happen. Kick ass out there!!:headbang:

You've earned this, Buddy. With all your help promoting Anthrax/doing webstuff for Anthrax/fondling Brent/etc.
I wish I could go to this!!! You're probably jammin right now as I type this!!
Hope you remembered the Spandex!:headbang:

ThraxDude said:
You've earned this, Buddy. With all your help promoting Anthrax/doing webstuff for Anthrax/fondling Brent/etc.
I wish I could go to this!!! You're probably jammin right now as I type this!!
Hope you remembered the Spandex!:headbang:
Tad I thought you'd be there for sure. Well I'm going to go Salute Buddy while I watch Testament.

Alright Buddy :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang:

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
So, today's the day. If someone would have told me when I was a kid that one day I would be in a band opening up for Anthrax, I would think they where on crack. Well guess what? I am in a band, and I am opening up for ANTHRAX!!. I have been a die hard Anthrax fan since 1987. I went to my first Anthrax concert in 1995. And I have not missed a show in the Chicago land area since. This is such a dream come true. Anthrax has been a big part of my life. Their music is so inspirational to me. A lot of bands in the metal genre have come and gone over the years, but Anthrax has remained a valid and vital name in the metal industry. I am so beside myself knowing that in a few hours, I will be sharing the stage with one of the most incredible metal bands to grace this planet. Can anyone you imagine growing up being a huge fan of a band, and one day being in a band your self, and playing a show with them? Man this is crazy. This is going to be a night I will not soon forget. I have butterfly's in my stomach. But I guess that is to be expected. I am happy i get to share this experience with all of my friends and family. I will see you all tonight from the stage. Drinks to all my friends. OUT..

David Erickson aka Dave Damage

You guys totally upstaged Anthrax!

Ok, not really, but you were very good and you won a lot of people over. :headbang:

I got the Nerve Damage set on video! (except the first song) And Dave signed my Nerve Damage CD! I also got a Nerve Damage t-shirt. I am wearing it now. Joey was wearing one after the show. Sexy bitches we are.

How awesome that Joey was wearing a shirt. I keep coming back and forth between here and Myspace to see if Dave posted anything. I am really looking forward to his next post.

Right on you kicked ass and signed jdelpi's CD's. Hope to see you guys in So Cal soon. Could've used a kick ass band like you last night at the Testament gig.

He kicked ass!!! It was all orgininal members besides Paul and I can't even remember all their names. I'll be getting some of their CD's to replace old cassettes soon.