Something that has puzzled me...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
Death - In Human Form.

Individual Thought Patterns is like a 'Semi-Concept' album, but it has always perplexed me what 'In human form' has to do with the rest of the lyrics. The only line that ties in with ITP is 'Flesh and eyes mean nothing'.

At first i thought that it was a link between 'Human' and 'Individual thought patterns'. But really, only the title links the two, the lyrics have nothing to do with the concept of human.

I have always thought of the last four 'Death' albums as one concept together, a story if you will.

Human - (after receiving much abuse from the media...) He is showing that he is human, he is just like everyone else, he feels like everyone else. He has views on important issues too (Suicide Machine...)

Individual Thought Patterns - Where he realizes that he ISN'T like everyone else, he is 'one of many that sees
through their lies'. He then seeks to challenge the mind of others and their thoughts, and seeks to reveal their shallow ways

Symbolic - He realizes that some people cannot be changed. Some people live in a 'Crystal mountain', built of deception and greed. His own struggle is symbolic of how a life of truth is difficult, Yet he must strive to create and write, for 'the answer cannot be found In the writing of others'.

The sound of Perseverance - Exactly that, he has learnt perseverance. 'DEATH' is 'the sound of perseverance'.

After all this, i have never been able to see the relevance of 'IN HUMAN FORM'... so someone enlighten me... please.

"... the void has swallowed the light, and the machine wants my soul..."

hehe, I think Chuck Shuldiner has no idea about greater consciousness, and doesn't have first hand knowledge of what hes writing about, to me, he seems like he got a biggggg hard on for Paul Masdival that just never went away

Consider this: YOU believe that the each album is a concept, and therefor, you're expecting each song to be related to be in some "relation" with other songs. Each song can be interpreted in different by different people, and you consider them to be concept albums. You're not right, you're not wrong.

"Where he realizes that he ISN'T like everyone else, he is 'one of many that sees
through their lies'. He then seeks to challenge the mind of others and their thoughts, and seeks to reveal their shallow ways"

a revolutionary who tries to change the minds of others is just as trapped in ego-games as those who possess those shallow minds.
when 'enlightened', one chooses to only change his life, and reflect what he has learned into good deeds and actions ; revolution implies the need to control ones energy other then yourself

:loco:

You are not getting the point. Chuck sought to do this THROUGH HIS MUSIC.

The people that bought his records were already on their way to 'individual thought patterns'.

He did not teach anyone to 'think a certain way'. He taught the people who bought his records to NOT 'think a certain way'. Think in a number of ways...

'When you think of me in your multidimensional mind, try and wash the evil from your mind, and open it".

What I meant to say was this: You think that they're concept albums, so all the songs should fit. But I don't think they're concept albums, so I don't see why In Human Form wouldn't fit. Maybe IHF is the continuation of the stuff on human.

Originally posted by Trapped
Death - In Human Form.

Individual Thought Patterns is like a 'Semi-Concept' album, but it has always perplexed me what 'In human form' has to do with the rest of the lyrics. The only line that ties in with ITP is 'Flesh and eyes mean nothing'.

At first i thought that it was a link between 'Human' and 'Individual thought patterns'. But really, only the title links the two, the lyrics have nothing to do with the concept of human.

I have always thought of the last four 'Death' albums as one concept together, a story if you will.

Human - (after receiving much abuse from the media...) He is showing that he is human, he is just like everyone else, he feels like everyone else. He has views on important issues too (Suicide Machine...)

Individual Thought Patterns - Where he realizes that he ISN'T like everyone else, he is 'one of many that sees
through their lies'. He then seeks to challenge the mind of others and their thoughts, and seeks to reveal their shallow ways

Symbolic - He realizes that some people cannot be changed. Some people live in a 'Crystal mountain', built of deception and greed. His own struggle is symbolic of how a life of truth is difficult, Yet he must strive to create and write, for 'the answer cannot be found In the writing of others'.

The sound of Perseverance - Exactly that, he has learnt perseverance. 'DEATH' is 'the sound of perseverance'.

After all this, i have never been able to see the relevance of 'IN HUMAN FORM'... so someone enlighten me... please.

"... the void has swallowed the light, and the machine wants my soul..."
nah! it is just one more drug tale!