Something to piss most of us off!

\m/

I Die Slowly
First off "WHAT THE FUCK!" NO MEGADETH!!? INSTEAD WE HAVE KITTIE,DISTURBED and SLIPKNOT!!??
Read on you'll understand what I mean.

Thrash Metal Documentary To Film In The San Francisco Bay Area - Nov. 11, 2003
"Get Thrashed", the upcoming documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music scene, will be taping a performance by Bay Area thrashers CONCRETE COFFIN at The Stork Club in Oakland, California on Tuesday, November 18. Everyone is invited to come down to the show and be a part of the taping.
As previously reported, METALLICA, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, TESTAMENT, OVERKILL, VOIVOD, KREATOR, EXODUS, DISTURBED, SLIPKNOT, KITTIE, DEATH ANGEL and MESHUGGAH are among the other bands covered in the documentary, which is tentatively due before the end of the year. The brainchild of director Rick Ernst, a longtime freelance producer for MTV (no wonder why this will be shit), the film will include interviews, live performances and archival footage.
Link
http://www.getthrashed.com/

Heh, that does suck. Why the fuck would Kittie, Disturbed, Slipknot, and Meshuggah be on that list? Meshuggah is metal, but not thrash, and the rest....just shit, nu-metal, whatever you want to call it.

Slipknot, Kittie, and Disturbed? Of ALL bands in the world they went with these clowns? What a shame. Oh well, at least all of the real thrash bands will show them up, as well as all the nu metal fanboys.

Well that does piss me off. I actually like Slipknot, and don't mind Disturbed, ( Kittie I find completely awful) but either way none of those three bands should be associated with a Thrash metal documentary because they are not thrash metal bands, period. Good to see Overkill on there, but what a bunch of doorknobs to even try to classify that as thrash. Maybe they are showing them at the end or something as bands who were (or claim to be anyway...) influenced by thrash...Who knows.

Blade Golem said:
Meshuggah is metal, but not thrash, and the rest....just shit, nu-metal,whatever you want to call it.
Oh dear! :erk: You better watch what you say otherwise NocturnalSun will get vewy angwy at you :loco:

Anywho... WTF!? Slipknot, Kittie and Disturbed... :erk: ... :ill: ... :puke: When the shit have those awful, awful bands ever been Thrash Metal??? Obviously they're only involved so the stupid cunt teenage mall rats can relate to the program.

Jesus, I think some of you should work on your reading comprehension......

""Get Thrashed", the upcoming documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music scene,"

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are hardly any thrash bands that were formed after the initial thrash movement after the 80s. We have bands like Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall, Dew Scented, Carnal Forge, Killswitch Engage etc., that are heavily thrash influenced but are not thrash per se. What I actually meant to say is that Slipknot, Disturbed, and Kittie resemble thrash in no way, and therefore don't seem influenced by thrash at all. They are about as thrash as Korn is.

How could that possbly be any good? Bay area thrash with Meshuggah (from Sweden, not thrash), Slipknot (from Iowa, not thrash) and Disturbed (from Chicago, not thrash). I'm sure there's probably some other ones I missed in there too.

I think that the point (though I don't condone the choice of bands to prove it) is to illustrate the influence of eighties thrash metal on the 'metal' bands of today, regardless of genre...I think it will be cool to hear a band like meshuggah talk about the influences of thrash on them, as they're earlier material is obviously heavily infuenced by such. Kittie, and the rest...not so intrerested

Life Sucks said:
How the hell can anyone lable Slipknot, Kittie, and Disturbed as thrash?:confused:

That's exactly what I was thinking, unless (like someone suggested) those bands are there to represent the "influence" 80s thrash had on these bands.

Like someone else said though, these bands will be the selling points of the documentary - they'll draw in all the teeny punters, and put off fans of true thrash!

Life Sucks said:
How the hell can anyone lable Slipknot, Kittie, and Disturbed as thrash?:confused:
Well, the solo album of Nick Carter (ex-Bullshit Boys) was labeled as a "rock" album though it was less heavy than the latest Bryan Adams records.

It´s the same...