Something you should really check out !

The Last Embrace is ...

• Amazing ! The best 'amateur' band of that kind I've ever heard !

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Great ! Full of promise !

• Good band ! Still some points are perfectible I think !

• An average atmospheric metal band ...

• Exactly the kind of music i don't like !!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UTTER SHIT !!! ( sorry mates ;) )

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
Well it seems everyone's making promotion for his own music so ...
Check out : eric.delepine.free.fr (don't type any www or http:// !! )
Download the three songs by The Last Embrace , if you'ge got a 56k modem just take the first one ( my favourite ;) )
I don't play in that band they are just friends of mine but I think that's simply the greatest 'amateur' band of that kind I've ever heard ! Marvelous atmospheric metal with an incredible female lead singer ! Somewhere between Anathema , The Gathering , In The Woods and Opeth I think ...
Enjoy ! Cheers !

Originally posted by requiem
You forgot to make the option, "Who the hell are they?"

lol just read my first post and download the songs if you want to know ;)

P.S : They are from Paris France and I hope you'll soon hear about them !

Ok, they're not bad... not that good either.

I've only downloaded the first song.
There are too much riffchanges in it... but, the riffs as they exists are very well written. Well, I know it's hard to make a good song with a few riffs you have to build on -that's mostly what I try and I haven't succeeded in it yet to write something decent, they did-

When I listened to it for the first time, I had something from "wow" this is really good, but I thinks it doesn't keep the same level as with it starts, its superb till 2m10, then it's getting worse... why they don't use some riffs a couple of times? At the end there is one similiar to one in the beginning, but that's it.

So: Good band ! Still some points are perfectible I think !

Originally posted by Mariner

why they don't use some riffs a couple of times? At the end there is one similiar to one in the beginning, but that's it.

So: Good band ! Still some points are perfectible I think !

It's due to the their own musical influences. I know they like bands that have progressive song structures such as Opeth or In The Woods which seldom use the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-break-chorus shape.
Maybe you should DL the other songs, they are a bit more linear IMO.
It's still the same matter of personal taste anyway. Thank you for listening and giving your opinion.
Cheers

Originally posted by cedarbreed

It's due to the their own musical influences. I know they like bands that have progressive song structures such as Opeth or In The Woods which seldom use the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-break-chorus shape.

You're absolutely right about that... but if you take Opeth, they always grabs back to riffs they played before in the songs, no? It's true it pretty complex.
Kinda funny I'm just listening to it! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by Mariner

but if you take Opeth, they always grabs back to riffs they played before in the songs, no?

Absolutely ! But Opeth songs often length 7-8 or more minutes so they can reapeat some riffs.If you make a 4-5 minutes song with a progressive structure like Last Embrace I'm afraid you cannot afford to repeat many riffs.

Cheers