somn what are you studying?

windrider

New Metal Member
Oct 14, 2003
I was reading and review of forest stream, and it mentioned that somn was presuing a docterate in physics. I thought this was very interesting becuase most metal heads tend not to be scholars (at least in the phd sense). I myself am also persuing a phd in psychology.
I was just wondering somn, what aspects of physics are you into, I really like physics myself, especially the quantum aspect.

Uhh I never know what the hell is going on nowadays. Uhhhhhhh... I can't seem to get Somn and Somm but I can only get Sonm. Unless well no, I can't figure him out either. That was suppose to be a compliment.

I'm going to bed!

Edit: Sorry for the confusion Hearse, I meant Sonm instead of Somn in the last Sonm I wrote if you get what I just wrote.!

I am watching all this crap, you homos! (C) Lee

And that would be really difficult to explain what I study. I'd say nothing by saying it is a quantum physics of course... But if you like to get a bit deeper into details well, you are welcome... Basically my subject is: fundamental properties of superconductor/ferromagnet (both, weak and strong exchange interaction) artificial heterostructures, Andreev reflection in case of strong spin-subband splitting, spin-valve, spin-switch, etc. This is all about the effort to make a step towards constructings atomic-size devices. Basically that is what everyone calls nanotechnology. Not in a sense of creating nano-mechanisms but using the electron spin instead of what is used nowadays - its charge...
That's the story.

Sonm said:

And that would be really difficult to explain what I study. I'd say nothing by saying it is a quantum physics of course... But if you like to get a bit deeper into details well, you are welcome... Basically my subject is: fundamental properties of superconductor/ferromagnet (both, weak and strong exchange interaction) artificial heterostructures, Andreev reflection in case of strong spin-subband splitting, spin-valve, spin-switch, etc. This is all about the effort to make a step towards constructings atomic-size devices. Basically that is what everyone calls nanotechnology. Not in a sense of creating nano-mechanisms but using the electron spin instead of what is used nowadays - its charge...
That's the story.
I like pizza :wave:

Actually I like quantum physics... Im not sure if this goes in with it, but Sonm have you studied chaos theory (number theory)?

DeathBlade said:
Actually I like quantum physics... Im not sure if this goes in with it, but Sonm have you studied chaos theory (number theory)?
I haven't heard of any general chaos theory. I had basics of number theory when sophomore but then it switched to group theory, which is directly related to my subject.
Cheers

Sonm, Somn, and Somm are all the same person, or maybe 2 of them are Lee... When someone mispells the real Sonms name the way they mispelled it responds. Its very funny. Somn plays in a band called forest creek. You should listen to there stuff. the Sonm from forest stream stole the whole cd from them. The two cds are exactly the same. As is the person.

DeathBlade said:
Sonm, Somn, and Somm are all the same person, or maybe 2 of them are Lee... When someone mispells the real Sonms name the way they mispelled it responds. Its very funny. Somn plays in a band called forest creek. You should listen to there stuff. the Sonm from forest stream stole the whole cd from them. The two cds are exactly the same. As is the person.

Jungle creek my good man :D And I am a person in my own right, how dare you reduce my existence to that of a fake account :cry:

:wave:

Two of them are Lee???? Two Lee??? Give me a break Somns! :lol: But that's really crazy, I don't beLEEve it's LEE, but I must admit I'm not 100% sure about that... Jungle Creek :lol: Maybe Jungle Freak? :lol: You crazy bstards :lol: Hehehe:))

Sonm said:
Two of them are Lee???? Two Lee??? Give me a break Somns! :lol: But that's really crazy, I don't beLEEve it's LEE, but I must admit I'm not 100% sure about that... Jungle Creek :lol: Maybe Jungle Freak? :lol: You crazy bstards :lol: Hehehe:))

I am of a perfectLEE sound mind my good man! That Somn can be a bit wierd tho :erk:

:wave:

Sonm said:

That's the story.

Ah, nanotechnology... It looks like it's all the buzz now. You know, you must write a song about atomic sized devices. That'll be cool and scare shit out of a listener. Are you theoretician or experimentalist?

Oh well, I'm not as kewl as you, perhaps. I'm doing submillimeterwave (Terahertz) absorption spectroscopy in the gas phase. Large amplitude molecular vibrations. molecular radicals, etc.

D.
NP: Hate Forest - Purity