Sonata Arctica and Threshold change line-up.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
SONATA ARCTICA have issued the following announcement in the wake of rumours that they have parted ways with guitarist Jani Liimatainen:

"As many already know, our guitarist Jani Liimatainen has been absent from the lineup this spring and summer. The reason was his messing around with his compulsory military/civil/prison duty, or rather, complete failure to take care of it.

This matter, and everything that goes with it, caused a split between Jani and the other band members. This split was impossible to mend without Jani's help and co-operation.

Therefore we would like to make known the following: During fall of '06 and spring of '07, Jani's personal matters and actions drove us to a situation where we had no option but to ask Jani to leave the band.

Jani was notified of this in May, and the separation was amicable. We wanted to give Jani the chance to get his life together before making this public, which is why we didn't make this announcement earlier. We wish Jani well on his chosen path.

'Show must go on,' so, facing the facts, we hereby humbly announce that Elias Viljanen is from this day forward a full and official member of Sonata Arctica. Throughout this summer, on many occasions, Elias has shown himself to be able to fill the big boots Jani left behind.

We hope our friends and our fans understand that this was the only choice left for us to make so that our band could continue. Sonata Arctica has always been, and always will be, more than the sum of its parts. The band has become for us a way of life, a lifeline that simply can not be cut off.

A long 'Unia' tour lies in front of us.

We extend Elias a warm welcome to the Sonata family, and we hope the fans will, too. Sonata Arctica is whole again.

See you on the road!"

THRESHOLD’s singer Andrew "Mac" McDermott has decided to leave the band for good. "Mac's still not been in touch directly but he wrote a statement on the band forum confirming that he's left", states keyboarder Richard West. Former singer Damian Wilson, who already stood in at the band’s shows at Metal Camp and Earthshaker festival, will continue helping out THRESHOLD vocal-wise. "Damian's agreed to do the next shows and hopefully we can work out a way for him to do all the remaining tour dates."

I don't care about SA, but if I should know about Damian coming back to Threshold I would have thought again about going to PPVIII, oh well :err:

:rolleyes: There are already like 6 different threads on these topics ... there really wasn't a need for you to create a whole new thread just to announce how you personally feel about these situations ... especially since you don't even care about the Sonata situation and aren't even saying anything about it.

I'm sorry, but I just get frustrated when I see a topic with a title on something or a band I'm interested in and then when I open that thread, I find out it's just someone reposting on a topic that already has an outlet for their opinion in multiple other threads. Particularly in a case like this where it's not a subject that was being discussed months ago and now needs to be searched for, but a subject that is recent and already has several threads pertaining to it on the front page of the forum that can be easily identified. :loco:

:rolleyes: There are already like 6 different threads on these topics ... there really wasn't a need for you to create a whole new thread just to announce how you personally feel about these situations ... especially since you don't even care about the Sonata situation and aren't even saying anything about it.

I'm sorry, but I just get frustrated when I see a topic with a title on something or a band I'm interested in and then when I open that thread, I find out it's just someone reposting on a topic that already has an outlet for their opinion in multiple other threads. Particularly in a case like this where it's not a subject that was being discussed months ago and now needs to be searched for, but a subject that is recent and already has several threads pertaining to it on the front page of the forum that can be easily identified. :loco:

I agree.....however, with this post I have now kept this unnecessary thread going. DAMN IT!

I'm sure someone can use an extra ticket.

agreed.

i sold two tickets for 145 a piece, which might have been cheap? idk but you can get more than face value off of them, so dont whine, sell em!