Sonata Arctica back online

LeeWill

Magicman
Jan 28, 2003
UK
www.vivid-i.net
After being offline for quite a while the official Sonata Arctica website is back up and running but at a different address - http://www.sonataarctica.info The band posted the following message:

Finally we got our site back on-line!!! We had problems with our webspace provider(...#¤%X"@$£?!!!!) but now we are back at www.sonataarctica.info. Pass it around! www.sonataarctica.com is not in our use until further notice. But life goes on and we are still here!! Currently Tony is writing songs for the next album. We´ll enter studio in March and the album SHOULD be out around september 2004. Then we´ll tour the universe!

How about getting Bloodstock 04 as one of those dates? Could be perfect timing.

YEs! please vince, do it! if you dont i'll never come to bloodstock ever again....wait no, thats a lie! but yeah, the amount of people have already said it, i'd have thought theyre the most popular choice people have voiced, and i also know many people who would only be interested in coming if Sonata were playin, im spreading the word...also, what a place for a UK debut...(correct me if it isnt their UK debut) theyre the kind of European band poor northern students like myself would never have the chance to see otherwise, as if they did uk theyd only do london unless you got them to derby! please!

I think you know my thoughts on this one Vince. Personally I think they would be a good draw. As everyone has said they have never played in the UK and I think it would be a bit of a coup to get them to do their first gig as BS04. Like Dream Thief I would personally pay the fee myself if I could afford it! That is how much I would like to see this band...and I'm guessing there are quite a few in the UK and further afield that feel the same way!

Eagle said:
I'd love to see Sonata Arctica again as much as the rest of you. However if you could get say 'Human Fortress' & 'Galloglass' or 'Domine & White Skull' for the same price then I'd go for 2 bands rather then one.
Agreed. Particularly as they weren't that great a live band when I saw them in Germany. I'd rather have two bands than one. But I guess it depend how high their asking price is...

Well, Sonata Arctica have been one of, if not the most mentioned name(s) when people have been asked who they wish to play BS04. They're certainly top of my list of bands I'd like to see next year, and you can't deny that Bloodstock would be the perfect setting for their UK debut.

It's also worthy of note that last year, Nightwish drew rather a large crowd to Bloodstock. Now, I am yet to meet a single Nightwish fan who does not enjoy Sonata Arctica also! So, as far as I can see, they would prove to be quite a draw.

SA are a fantastic band, with an extremely strong back catalogue. They'd go down an absolute treat at Bloodstock.

Admittedly it is a shame about them having a high asking price, but as Catharsis mentioned, Sonata are great friends with Nightwish and therefore those who love Nightwish do also appreciate Sonata Arctica.

Musically there are few better bands and to say they only have three studio albums out they have some awesome material. I can honestly say that they have not done a weak song yet. There are some great crowdpleasing songs in there.

If they were to finally get the break they deserve over here then they would put on a fantastic display without a doubt. Okay, they won't be headliners as they are not quite well known enough over here but with them supporting Iron Maiden in Japan and having a new album out late next year on Nuclear Blast it's only a matter of time before they get the recognition they deserve worldwide.

Yeah, we do get have to put up with some crap over here.

You would have thought that they could have got a band more suited to support Iron Maiden. I mean, what's wrong with Power Quest or Dragonforce.

Both of those would have gone down an absolute storm and would certainly have gained more recognition from it.

Oh well, those lucky Japanese folk really have got it good this time round.

Iron Maiden + Sonata Arctica + Arch Enemy = one hell of a night!!! :headbang: :kickass:

I'm gutted that I can't be there.

Vince i can understand that their asking price would be quite high but as you have probably seen a lot of people are crying out to see them play at bloodstock. I bet Nightwish and Blind Guardian didnt have a clue what to expect when they came over to ther UK but now that they have played then they will thinj "ok lets play over here again as we have had a great response" and then they will mention it to other bands who will probably be suprised that they have had such a good response.

I can appreciate that its a little risky to take but i can bet the crowd would go wild for them and would also get more revitalisation in the metal scene in UK.

And yeah mr eagle and mr theif we do get some shite over here but bands such as power quest and dragonforce are a classic example that there still are great bands out there :). i despised funeral for a friend supporting maiden but i had a lot of fun trying to boo them off stage too :D.

And dream thief thats 4 times ive seen maiden now :p:p:p

Stormwarrior said:
And yeah mr eagle and mr theif we do get some shite over here but bands such as power quest and dragonforce are a classic example that there still are great bands out there :). i despised funeral for a friend supporting maiden but i had a lot of fun trying to boo them off stage too :D.

And dream thief thats 4 times ive seen maiden now :p:p:p

There are some excellent quality bands in this country. Most have played at Bloodstock; Power Quest, Mercury Rain, Dragonforce, Infobia, FWK & Biomechanical, Balance of Power, etc, etc, etc. I just get pissed off with the lack of recognition that these bands deserve and what better recognition then to support Maiden.

Well in for Booing funeralforfred :headbang: I too did boo at them and chant for Gamma Ray

Eagle said:
There are some excellent quality bands in this country. Most have played at Bloodstock; Power Quest, Mercury Rain, Dragonforce, Infobia, FWK & Biomechanical, Balance of Power, etc, etc, etc. I just get pissed off with the lack of recognition that these bands deserve and what better recognition then to support Maiden.

Well in for Booing funeralforfred :headbang: I too did boo at them and chant for Gamma Ray
and with them sorta bands around things will be better i guess its just a matter of time! :)