SONATA ARCTICA Members To Host Listening Party In New York City

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
www.bravewords.com
SONATA ARCTICA Members To Host Listening Party In New York City
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 at 15:39:27 EST

SONATA ARCTICA lead vocalist Tony Kakko and keyboardist Henrik Klingenberg will host a listening party for their new album, Unia, at Lit Lounge (93 Second Avenue - between 5th & 6th Streets) in New York City on Monday, April 2nd.

Scheduled for North American release on May 22nd, Unia will be played in its entirety on the Main Floor between 8 and 11 PM. A 21 & Over event, admission is FREE, and Vice TV will be on hand to interview fans in attendance. Tony and Henrik will also be Guest DJs at the club.

Checking in from his home base in Kemi, Finland is Tony Kakko: "Unia means 'dreams' in our native tongue Finnish. I reckon we are not gonna have much time to sleep & dream 'cause we will be actually LIVING ours in NewYork City, USA! Can't wait! Finally, the fifth studio album we've worked our asses off for is ready and we could not be any happier with the result!

The sound is so full and warm, heavy while being gentle... The production is so much bigger than on any other Sonata Arctica album with choir, strings, and all sorts of weird instruments, like the bouzouki [a stringed instrument with a pear-shaped body and very long neck], to mention one. The only fear I have is that all the people who listen to Unia will not be able to pick up everything we've knitted in there, 'cause the whole album is so full of little details. This album will open and open and open up more and more with each listen - like a good novel or a movie - and really stand the thousand spins that people want to give the album.

I've lived with this music for almost 2 years now and you'd think I'd be bored with it by now, knowing all the tiny details there, but no! This rollercoaster ride still gives me a rush! You'd need to be me to know how great it feels. So I've tested it for you. It's safe. Just sit back and enjoy! Henrik and myself will tour the world meeting you all, partying with ya all, walking you through 'unia.'

North America, ready or now, here we come - and beware, 'cause I'm bringing Henkka with me... HAHA!"

I think you just show up. I plan on going and then going to work straight from it. Watch out all those who want the "N" train that night. You might see a Train Operator banging his head while operating! :kickass: :headbang: :headbang:

Their new album is pretty damn solid!! It'll be cool to attend the party and hang out with them afterall!! Can't wait to see them!

I've never been to a "listening party." Sounds like a kickass party though. What are they like and how do I get invited to one? :loco:

The Michael
It's open to everyone.
If you've never been to one, here's what it's like, (Lit Lounge-style):
You show up early, try to park, walk 8 block, find the dungeon entrance, grab a beer, wait.....
Band shows up a little late, you descend to the dungeon which quickly fills up with sweaty bodies and smelly air, they crank up the new album on a shitty sound system so you can't hear or talk, the publicist hands out promo bags, you line up and wait to meet the guys and get an autograph and/or photograph, then you flee upstairs for some air.

If you're lucky and don't have an early bedtime, you hang out a little longer and might get to chat and share a beer with the band when the crowd clears.

If all that sounds like it's no fun, my apologies. It actually is a good time and I'll be there for this one! See y'all there.:kickass:

It's open to everyone.
If you've never been to one, here's what it's like, (Lit Lounge-style):
You show up early, try to park, walk 8 block, find the dungeon entrance, grab a beer, wait.....
Band shows up a little late, you descend to the dungeon which quickly fills up with sweaty bodies and smelly air, they crank up the new album on a shitty sound system so you can't hear or talk, the publicist hands out promo bags, you line up and wait to meet the guys and get an autograph and/or photograph, then you flee upstairs for some air.

If you're lucky and don't have an early bedtime, you hang out a little longer and might get to chat and share a beer with the band when the crowd clears.

If all that sounds like it's no fun, my apologies. It actually is a good time and I'll be there for this one! See y'all there.:kickass:

:lol: That about sums it up perfectly!

Here's my coverage of the BG listening party they had there to get an idea of what it was like (including some pics): http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=636&Itemid=66

SA_Unia_ListeningPartyNY.jpg

Note: It says UPSTAIRS. Thank God.

meaning....more room i'm assuming?
Yea, the downstairs in a cramped basement literally carved out of rock. Looks like a mini-catacombs or something. I keep waiting for dead monks to arise and take revenge on the metal heads disturbing their peace. Between the stones and cramped space the sounds reverberates painfully and it gets hot and stuffy fast. And the stairs leading down are precarious. If there was a fire I think like five peopel might make it out.