Sonata Arctica in concert

I'd love it if they'd add "The Harvest" back to their set list (it was on their set list in Finland). Also "The Vice" (my favorite from Unia) and "My Dream is but a Drop of Fuel for a Nightmare" would be nice additions as well.

Totally agree. I just finally went back and read the threads about the new album. Yikes! Clearly love it or hate it. Count me in the love it category. It took me a long time to get into it. Seriously, it was almost 15 listens before it started to grow on me. Since Sonata is my favorite band of this genre, I stuck with it and boy was I paid off. To me, this is the best work they've ever done. It doesn't have the individual best songs, but as a collective whole, it the only album where I can honestly say I won't hit skip on a single song.

I can see why people hate it. The Harvest is my favorite song from it, which I suspect could be the easiest one to hate if you don't like the new direction. I wasn't surprised to see that even the haters liked Caleb, but I was surprised no one really mentioned In Black and White. That's as close to "classic" Sonata as this album gets. I figured that'd be the one song everyone liked.

Oh well, I can't wait to see them Friday night (makes them skipping MN on this tour bearable). The more from Unia, the better for me.

White Pearl is still their masterpiece song that will never be topped, in my book.

If their set containts 85%+ of the first 3 albums ill be orgasmicly happy.

Hmm, assuming they want to do 2-3 from Reckoning Night and maybe 4-5 from the new album, that's a 35 song set!!! That'd be awesome!!! :lol:

[I know you meant "85% of the set from the first 3 albums", but I couldn't resist with the way you worded it :D]

Tony:
100_2008.jpg

Tony and Marko (and Tommy in the background):
100_2012.jpg

It appears that Tony made a shirt out of those god-awful pants he was wearing on tour the last time around ... I think this ensemble works much better! :lol:

BLACK SHEEP!!!!!

Cool set list...

W&R would be cool.... they don't seem to play that often any more.

And Graven Image is one of my favorite songs of theirs!! I CAN'T WAIT TIL FRIDAY!

I must be the only person that doesn't care to see Wolf and Raven live.

No, I'm with you. Wolf and Raven has never really done a lot for me. I know the reason in my case though: it's hyper-speed and that's not what I really like about Sonata. Give me the song on either side of it from that album (Tallulah and The Power Of One) and I'm much more excited.

In the slow-vs-fast songs preference, you folks that love the speedburners always win live. They just can't play that many slower songs because the crowd loses its energy. I actually asked Tony about that last time they played in MN and he said he wanted to do more slow ones, but it's just not feasible to do more than a couple if you don't want to lose the crowd.

So all you people calling for particular speedy songs: take comfort in the fact that they might play it! I, on the other hand, will never get to hear most of my favorite Sonata songs live :cry: