Sonata Arctica Tour Dates!

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
If there is a thread already, I don't see it but im sorry in advance. :D

SONATA ARCTICA: North American Tour Dates Announced - Dec. 28, 2006
Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA will embark on a North American headlining tour in September/October 2007. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 16 - Key Club - Los Angeles, CA
Sep. 17 - Galaxy Theater - Santa Ana, CA
Sep. 21 - The Metro - Chicago, IL
Sep. 22 - Harpo's - Detroit, MI
Sep. 23 - Peabody's Down Under - Cleveland, OH
Sep. 24 - Opera House - Toronto, ONT
Sep. 27 - The Medley - Montreal, QC
Sep. 28 - The Chance Theater - Poughkeepsie, NY
Sep. 29 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Sep. 30 - B.B. King's - New York, NY
Oct. 02 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 03 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
Oct. 05 - ProgPower USA VIII - Atlanta, GA
Oct. 09 - The Meridian - Houston, TX

SONATA ARCTICA is currently recording its new studio album for a tentative early 2007 release.

The new single from SONATA ARCTICA, "Replica" — containing a new version of the title cut, which originally appeared on the band's 1999 debut, "Ecliptica", plus the songs "Draw Me" (instrumental) and "Respect the Wilderness" — entered the Finnish single chart last month at position No. 1.

The new version of "Replica" is included on SONATA ARCTICA's "best of" collection, entitled "The Collection 1999-2006", which entered the Finnish album chart at No. 16. In addition to material from the band's studio albums, the CD contains a new version of the song "My Land", which also originally appeared on "Ecliptica".

For more information on the "Replica" single and the "The Collection 1999-2006" CD, go to this location.

Despite this 'heavy' touring before PP, I don't think it will hurt PP. I think the PP 'regulars' will show, and if they happen to have SA in their city beforehand, they'll see them twice if they please, or they'll save some money and just go see them at the show they were going to anyhow.

Also, for any who would have gone if SA was -only- in Atlanta, I think that there will be an increased number of Atlanta locals who will be going to PP this year, with a heavy emphasis on seeing SA.

And also, I think that we are going to see more biker metalists at this years fest than normal, which should sell it out ;)

Ahhh... the Chance Theater... Perfect time to see Sonata w/ about 20 other people. I think this show would really be the test of just how popular Sonata is since no one ever seems to show up for metal shows in Poughkeepsie.

Hopefully, there will still be some more dates announced. I would love to see them by themselves and at PP.

I can't wait to see who they announce as openers.

Im going with metalcore + 1 melodeath band. Any betters? :D

Ahhh... the Chance Theater... Perfect time to see Sonata w/ about 20 other people. I think this show would really be the test of just how popular Sonata is since no one ever seems to show up for metal shows in Poughkeepsie.

I wish I lived closer to Poughkeepsie. I live in WNY and you guys get way better shows than we here in WNY.

Poughkeepsie is about an hour and a half from me. I'm in Albany. I don't mind it as it's a central location to travel to shows in NYC, Poughkeepsie, Hartford, & Boston.

Kamleot/Epica was JAMMED, Spread Eagle had a decent crowd as well...
I like shows at that place.

Kamleot/Epica was JAMMED, Spread Eagle had a decent crowd as well...
I like shows at that place.

I saw Therion and that was a small crowd. Some other show I'm forgetting atm that didn't have a big crowd either. It seems to be a good indicator on how popular a band is throughout the US as compared to places like NYC & Boston that always get good turnouts.

Great!! I am really glad to hear this! I will be seeing them in Detroit 2 weeks before PP. I'd love to see them twice, and I'm glad it's Detroit before PP instead of the other way around :headbang:

Watch the openers be someone amazing that I won't get to see since I live in Atlanta... Thank God for ProgPower, but it is the reason I didn't see Kamelot (one of my favorite bands) on their last tour.

I saw Therion and that was a small crowd. Some other show I'm forgetting atm that didn't have a big crowd either. It seems to be a good indicator on how popular a band is throughout the US as compared to places like NYC & Boston that always get good turnouts.

I'm from the Albany area too, and have been to dozens of shows at The Chance. The Therion show was sparse, but Kamelot, Loudness, Twisted Sister, Savatage, Skid Row, Testament, etc., have drawn pretty good to great crowds. Not to mention the huge crowds for Judas Priest, Dio, and other well established bands Therion was an early week night, and they are not exactly an easy band to sell to the general American audience.

Any other Capital District folks going to Metal Church / Meliah Rage or Trouble at The Chance?

I'm from the Albany area too, and have been to dozens of shows at The Chance. The Therion show was sparse, but Kamelot, Loudness, Twisted Sister, Savatage, Skid Row, Testament, etc., have drawn pretty good to great crowds. Not to mention the huge crowds for Judas Priest, Dio, and other well established bands Therion was an early week night, and they are not exactly an easy band to sell to the general American audience.

Any other Capital District folks going to Metal Church / Meliah Rage or Trouble at The Chance?
I would love to go to The Chance again. I used to see shows there back in the late 80's with an old boyfriend. Haven't been back since I ditched him. :lol:
Still, it would be kind of a long drive for a show I can see in NYC and ProgPower. Last time I took a road trip for SA (Hartford, CT) they cancelled when Tony got sick, so I probably shouldn't risk it. :err:
I would love to see some photos of the venue, though, to see if it looks any where near the same.

Reactions: Stingray11214
Man, that sucks. I will be arriving with my new wife from the Philippines on Sunday the 30th. Does that mean I need to smack a signal so I can get suspended in order for me to go to Atlanta, since I won't be able to do BB's? "sigh"

Peace,
Ray C.