song 11 also corrupt !!!

MadnessDK

New Metal Member
Oct 15, 2001
Hail Guys !!!

I bought the cd today.........

but song 1 is corrupt, there is missing 3 sec of it.............the song
just stops where he sings the last word "Resistance".

am i the only one with a corrupt one......or ?????

MadnessDK :(

Hail Again !!!

I found one more song that is corrupt............it's song 11 "White Noise/Black Silence.................it ends the same way..............the last word "GO" is not finished...........

don't understand this.......

do you ????

MadnessDK

Yeah, track 1 and 11 are corrupt....I don't believe the short endings are intentional, or are they? Probably a mistake in production or so, and they couldn't change it after having produced all the cds. Oh well, the album's still great - maybe they could post these songs as mp3s though, so we could create an errorless album. Waddayathink? :confused:

Dunno. I got the digipack alright, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference....the error is just like a second at the endings of two songs...just an abrupt ending - not too disturbing. :cry:

I believe it's supposed to be that way.
But the first time I heard it I was surprised as hell. I thought it was something wrong with my cd player.

On the other hand, my "Monocromatic Stains" video ain't working.

yes, i guess it's supposed to be this way. abrupt, but not corrupt.

@madness dk: i thought one thread was enough. otherwise next time you hear someone sneezing on track 6 we are flooded. ;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by The infernal demon skull

Also, my jewelcase version have 12 songs, not 11 as it says on the website...

but that's hardly a reason for complaining, is it? :p

it actually happens often that "digipak only" bonus tracks are later found on the jewelcase too... i guess this time they just added it in from the start.

rahvin.

This is the info I have. Lets wait for the official word before taking this as the truth:

The first batch of cds do have the defects on track 1 and 11 (perhaps track 11 isnt a defect). There was some problem with printing the digipak cover so some of the cds where put out in a jewel case with the bonus track and video, supposedly.

Hail People !!!

i compare the corrupt with the promo song of them, and they are ok..........

MadnessDK

agreed with phyre. cm is putting out corrupted cd's first? :mad: and knowing it damn well? :mad:
not only they can't do anything right, but they're also trying to make die-hard fans buy two copies - since they'll rush to purchase the first and then would want the non-corrupted one for obvious reasons.
i find it really despicable.

rahvin.

a label that got started with morgoth's "the eternal fall - resurrection absurd" could not be trusted anyway. :lol:

hyena

Originally posted by phyre
Century Media can't do anything right. They fucked up the videos on the American Havens too, and then there was the whole "Exposure" confusion bit... If my digipak version (it's in the mail right about now) is corrupted then I damn well do hope CM will exchange the CD for free.

Not to mention labelling the cds wrong in the Iced Earth Dark genesis box.

me and hyena had an original tape of it, maybe it's still there somewhere. we never bothered to check the lyrics after finding out one song was called "the pits of utumno" or something like that.
we know it's from tolkien. but it's still primeval cheese. ;)

rahvin.

Hail Dark Tranquillity (Hedon) !!!

Here is my solution for making up the corrupted songs.......

you can put up the 2 bonus tracks (both European & Japanses )

on your site.........???????????

cause you can't change the fault now.............

MadnessDK

I think it's up to Century media to replace defect cds. They will hopefully make an official statement about this soon.
The fact is that they probably KNEW about this in advance, the fuckers...