Song 6?!?!

Katatonic

Not My Own
Sep 10, 2001
Sydney
What is it with Opeth and song six?!?!

Its often the "heaviest" song on the album (the last 3 anywhey...)

MAYH- Demon of the Fall
Still Life- Serenity Painted Death
BWP- Funeral Portrait

WTF?!?

Originally posted by saturnix
anyone notice that the opening riffs for the last songs (on the last three albums, anyway) tend to be more discordant than usual.
If you consider Karma the last song, then I see what you mean on Still Life and MAYH. But the opening riff of Blackwater Park doesn't seem too discordant too me...

Oh dear lord, we have yet more proof of the devil doing his mischievous work among the depraved people of today, and even more fiendishly it is yet again done in the form of metal music.

If song number six is always the heaviest bit on the three last albums, we get a triple six. 666! And what about the titles? "Demon of the fall", "Serenity painted death", "The funeral portrait." Paganous death worship! And considering that heavy metal is the luring sound of Satan speaking to the young of the world, it gives even more credibility to the evilness of this lot, as these songs are always the heaviest ones. You cannot deny the connection between these factors, simple as that.

...*cough*...

--

N/P: Emperor - Prometheus..

Originally posted by Hannu Mutanen
If song number six is always the heaviest bit on the three last albums, we get a triple six. 666! And what about the titles? "Demon of the fall", "Serenity painted death", "The funeral portrait." Paganous death worship! And considering that heavy metal is the luring sound of Satan speaking to the young of the world, it gives even more credibility to the evilness of this lot, as these songs are always the heaviest ones. You cannot deny the connection between these factors, simple as that.

Thats exactly what came to mind when i thought of that.
Groovy:devil: