Song lyrics quiz time

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
I'm sure we've done this before, but not for a while. Try to figure out the song and band for each. Don't Google them - it's just a bit of fun. I must admit, I wouldn't be able to pick half of these myself without the music to go with them. The songs are all pretty popular with fans of each of the bands, so none of them are too obscure.

1. So withdrawn and feeling numb. Watching life come all undone.
2. I make my last stand as success comes my way. My bones gain their strength, nothing stands in my way.
3. I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me. Did she come here to try, try to take me.
4. Oh, there is no escape, the sea is full of sharks. The tide takes you away and smashes you on the rocks.
5. One day you're thinking that maybe you're feeling better. And you're probably an OK person, if only you had a job...
6. Uncertainty remains, views left unchanged. A pure heart is now stained.
7. It must be strange to not have lived so far into existence.
8. It was me, peering through the looking-glass. Beyond the embrace of Christ.
9. Power, rage unbound because...been pounded by the streets.
10. So they keep talking and they never stop. And at a certain point you give it up.

2. is Dungeon - Paradise. (or a different Dungeon song, pretty sure Paradise).

6. I cheated and googled this one because it was bugging me, so I'm not going to tell. Brilliant song though.

Haha yes you're right on all three! :)

It's alright, it'd be no fun if one person got them all! Lyrics can be really hard. We do the lyrics quiz in a paper at work every Tuesday and even songs I know pretty well can be hard to pick unless someone reads them to the tune of the song.

Yep good pick up, Stonewall. :)

Haha I knew you'd get that one. :) Probably my favourite song on the album. Number 1 is on an album you're a big fan of as well.

4 is actually pretty hard - it's a song that the band seems to play at every live show, but I never understand any of the lyrics other than the chorus.
5 is actually pretty old and come to think of it it's on an album that loads of fans wouldn't have. A live version on a video with a different (and superior) singer is where I came familiar with the song.

Alright, clue time so I can post a new list:

4. You might as well reveal it, Brian!
5. FNM pre-Patton.
7. Death
8. Opeth
9. Machine Head