Song or Albums with emotional impact

I wouldn't play guitar if I didn't hear Over the Mountain Randy Rhoads the solo was amazing back in the 80's. Happy Never After by Sabbat. King Diamond Abigail and Them. Some non-metal folk Sandy Denny The North Star Grassman and the Ravens. Jason Becker Perpetual Burn. Steve Vai For the Love of God. Beethoven Moonlight Sonata gets pretty evil with the diminished arps. Vivaldi Summer (3rd part I think) also Winter part 1. Pink Floyd Shine On you Crazy Diamond. Or for a real emotional experience anything by Cemetery Rapist will bring tears to your eyes with each heart felt note.

Chimaira - Lazarus
Antestor - Rites of Death
Henrik Gorecki - 3rd Symphony - first piece that made me REALLY get classical music. It always fascinated me before this one, but this piece moved me. Especially the first movement, the cello's are amazing, sometimes it's like their dragging themselves through heavy mud.. I dunno..it's just amazing. It has emotions.
Converge - Grim Heart-Black Rose

There are more songs..but these just pop to mind since I have recently had them in my cd player..

I can't believe I forgot about one of the songs that hit me so hard at a particular time in my life, but ultimately this bands music really helped me through that time as well. As most know I've fought two battles (does it ever really end) with Leukemia and the song "What to Say" by the San Francisco Prog-Rock band Enchant hit me pretty hard as it was written about the lead singer Ted Leonard's sister and her husbands battle with cancer that he eventually succumbed to. It also happens to come from one of my favorite albums "Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10".

It's a simple song, but I had serious doubts a few times that I would make it out the back side of this and I often had thoughts like the lyrics to this song.

"What to Say"

The look in her eyes as if to say she fears nothing
All knowing smile as if nothing has changed
She thinks I'm asleep while at night she goes on trembling
She thinks I don't know how her life's been rearranged

Can't move my arms, can't move my legs
Can barely move my eyes
To take in the last view I'll ever see
It's on the stand beside my bed a picture of my son
It's constantly staring back at me
Want to tell him that I swear that if I can I'll be there
Watching over him and every step he takes
How do I say soon comes the day when I must go away
What would adhear to a seven-year-old ear?
Words that would make it clear

I hope that you don't forget me
Don't let my memory fade
It's my greatest fear

My back is numb, my feet are cold
I fear that it's only a matter of time now
There's just one thing
I've got to muster the strenght to say

Know that my love is forever
Know that and try to remember
Don't let my memory fade...

"What to Say" from the DVD "Live at Last":

Last edited by a moderator:
This song always gets me up again when I'm down

Knopfler wrote it, but Healey just plays it with so much emotion...
it also helps that when I was a kid my father played a lot of Jeff Healey, so it also brings back nice childhood memories

Last edited by a moderator: