SONG SURVIVOR - MEGADETH - KIMB - ROUND 1

Vote for your 3 least favorite songs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember the week it came out, was in my buddy's car and he put it on and after 2 songs I made him turn it off.
If you ever feel like giving it another chance I recommend listening to this version. Much less compressed sounding. It may not be all that good, but is streets ahead of anything they did post 1991.

If you ever feel like giving it another chance I recommend listening to this version. Much less compressed sounding. It may not be all that good, but is streets ahead of anything they did post 1991.

Yeah this already sounds way better than the version I know.

Even Megadeth's best albums are full of silly songs and obvious filler, and the worst Megadeth songs are worse than even St. Anger. The World Needs a Hero is peak cringemetal. Metallica never wrote anything as embarrassing as 1000 Times Goodbye or that song about yelling at your parents or whatever.

..... this guy just ignored 60% of Metallica's catalog :lol:

Also Rust in Peace is way better than Ride the Lightning

I'd rather listen to Load and ReLoad than any post-CW Megadeth album. If I skip a couple songs on each, I'd probably prefer the post-ReLoad albums over any post-CW Megadeth album as well.

Regarding RTL vs RIP:

Ktulu
Holy Wars
Lucretia
FFWF
For Whom
Five
Fade
Creeping
Hangar
Escape
Trapped
RTL
Tornado
Poison
Take
Rust... Polaris
Dawn

So if you pick only the greatest from each album they're extremely close, but Ride keeps an extremely high consistency throughout and every song is a stand-out in one way or another, while RIP descends from highest highs to 8/10-ville all the way into crap with the last two tracks.

Reactions: jimmy101
It has good riffs but they don't fit on the album at all, taking an extremely riff-packed and wanky album and ending it with a mid-tempo Sabbath-y thing doesn't work, and the vocals are retarded even by Mustaine standards.

are you really doing a side by side with what is basically an album themed interlude/lead up to the final track with the rest of the stuff on there? Ababhahha. Anyway, i think they're both classic thrash albums with not a single weak track on either ...

NsFAAXw.png

mkaTTKz.png

and im honestly being generous with that 5 because RtL is not a perfect/flawless album regardless of how you want to look at it.