• No Mercy (Our Time is Near)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I'm the Hateful Raven

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A Portal to Nowhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Channeling the Bleeding Over the Dream's Remains

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Possessed by Past Tragedies (Tragic Shadows)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Apocalypse

• In Superior Torment

• The Triumph (of My Loss...)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sadly it looks like this hasn't taken off. I don't think there is any point continuing to the next round with only 5 sets of votes.

@Vegard Pompey The song I was talking about as my favourite and the first one I heard is "A Portal to Nowhere". I can't remember how I happened upon it but I remember listening to it on YouTube and being obsessed with it for months before I bought the album. I'd never heard death metal quite like it before and I still haven't really. It's otherworldly, arcane and quite beautiful. To this day this song still gives me all the feels.

For some reason, based on the limited knowledge I know of your music tastes, I would guess that you were also talking about this song or "In Superior Torment". Don't know why, they would just be my guesses.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Sadly it looks like this hasn't taken off. I don't think there is any point continuing to the next round with only 5 sets of votes.

@Vegard Pompey The song I was talking about as my favourite and the first one I heard is "A Portal to Nowhere". I can't remember how I happened upon it but I remember listening to it on YouTube and being obsessed with it for months before I bought the album. I'd never heard death metal quite like it before and I still haven't really. It's otherworldly, arcane and quite beautiful. To this day this song still gives me all the feels.

For some reason, based on the limited knowledge I know of your music tastes, I would guess that you were also talking about this song or "In Superior Torment". Don't know why, they would just be my guesses.

Exactly, A Portal to Nowhere is otherworldly. My top three song from this album are that one, The Triumph and Revenge Rises.

Reactions: Phylactery
Possessed is a fantastic track too, top 4 for me. If we were carrying on I would have found it incredibly difficult to choose between Possessed, Apocalypse and In Superior Torment towards the end if they were still there.

yeah, i had a feeling this wouldn't take off tbh, just not enough people post here these days, it has to be something really widely popular.

@Phylactery hah, I was actually talking about Possessed by Past Tragedies

also my favourite, and the other ones phylactery listed would make up my top four too i think, not sure what order.

i think i told you this once already but we did do a song survivor for this album back in the day if you're interested:
round 1
round 2
round 3
round 4
semis
final

Reactions: Phylactery
Interesting, you didn't tell me this one had already been done. You linked me results for The Red in the Sky is Ours before. Not many people voted even back then, apparently more people need to listen to this album. I wish I hadn't looked because A Portal to Nowhere going off in the second round has upset me!

@Vilden Did you end up giving this album any listens?

I consider Procession to the Infraworld to be almost as great as this and I was going to do it next if this one got more interest. What are your favourites from that? Mine are "Cosmic Landscapes of Sorrow" and "Storm of Revelations".

Last edited: