SONG SURVIVOR: VOIVOD - KILLING TECHNOLOGY- RD1

WHICH ARE YOUR THREE LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cockroaches is still an awesome song, I love how skittery those riffs are, literally sounds like it was written through an insect's mind. Ravenous Medicine and Order of the Blackguards are about tied for my 4th-from-bottom pick, two songs with some really great ideas and high level of consistency, but they fall short of transcendence.

Tornado ... relatively easy pick
tumblr_mqg6azxfY91rfbf9jo4_250.gif

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Like I said, it's good but it's basic by the standard of the album. There are even a few songs from the first two album that would work better in its stead.

it's basic by the standard of the album.
So what? how does that make it any less better than some of the more inferior tracks on the album? Also i take it that you're going to be voting for the title track next round if you're judging songs on complexity or whatnot?

There are even a few songs from the first two album that would work better in its stead.
You cant be serious.
source.gif

It just does. Most of the album takes me places, Tornado mostly just makes me tap my feet and nod my head. Once Ravenous and Order are gone, I will be voting for the title track. Those three and Cockroaches were the ones I had to give another immediate listen to in order to dissect the tiny differences in preference.

War and Pain, Nuclear War, Build Your Weapons, and To the Death! all have an edge on Tornado.

Yeah I don't get it either, why judge Tornado as worse by some arbitrary standard of weirdness? Sure, you can view the first half as a Voivodian take on a straightforward thrash tune, but even so it's still pretty fucking distinctive. You say the verses are standard, but that discordant riffing that punctuates every verse is pure Voivod. If anything I think it's one of the best tunes on the album because it's such a successful expression of their signature sound within the framework of a classic thrash tune with a killer hook.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
The second half is a lot techier/weirder than the second half, and has a few great moments, but compared to others on the album it gives me kinda a Rush vibe, angular and all but kinda for its own sake.

It just does. Most of the album takes me places, Tornado mostly just makes me tap my feet and nod my head. Once Ravenous and Order are gone, I will be voting for the title track. Those three and Cockroaches were the ones I had to give another immediate listen to in order to dissect the tiny differences in preference.
brah Cockroaches is by far one of the easiest songs to pick right now. And also, the title track is one of the best

War and Pain, Nuclear War, Build Your Weapons, and To the Death! all have an edge on Tornado.
no, they absolutely do not.

Fourth best on an excellent album ain't bad.

Give me 20 minutes, I'm halfway through Rrröööaaarrr right now and the album saves the best for last.

EDIT: Build Your Weapons is perhaps neck and neck rather than having an edge. To the Death! I'm actually upgrading to 5 stars on RYM, which means it's beats everything that isn't my top 3 on Killing Tech. That part with the steady snare and the shifty double-bass underneath from 2:25 onwards is pure fucking orgasm, I love that shit, same reason Death is Certain (Life is Not) is my favorite Dark Angel song.

Last edited:
"This is Not an Exercise" is my absolute favourite track on this album, so I'll be happy if it at least survives the first round, maybe the second.

The title track is my favorite but i'd be fine with any of the songs outside of the bonus tracks and Ravenous Medicine winning.

EDIT: Title track, Overreaction, Tornado and Forgotten in Space are the best songs on the album imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Sophii