Song Survivor!

I am. Maiden is and always has been a terribly overrated band, and I don't buy into the blind fanboyism of the band that goes on everywhere.

What do you think about Grave Worms Fear of the dark cover? It's also better than the original I think.

Maiden is responsible for some of the greatest songs ever written not to mention they have some of the best live shows ever. But hey, at the end of the day its your loss not mine.

As far as maiden covers go, most of the bands completely miss the feel of the song (i.e. Bodom with Aces High). Sure it’s entertaining but it’s nowhere near the original. The Fear of the Dark cover is on par with Hollowed be Thy Name cover by Cradle of Filth both good interpretations and solid, but still not as good as the original. The best maiden cover ive heard would have to go to Opeth for Remember Tomorrow... great.

But enough maiden talk, I have my opinions you guys have yours.

I'm torn between Britney Spears and Misfits...

Hmm, I guess their "Somebody put something..." cover is better.

Ok guys, the 4 winners of the cover songs are Rebel Yell, Bed of Nails, Aces High and Somebody put something in my drink. Now it's time for the last 16! Check out the first page to see the groups. You can vote for one song in every group. Next week will be the quarterfinal.

My votes are:

Group A: Towards dead end

Group B: Downfall

Group C: Everytime I die

Group D: Kissing the shadows

Group E: Trashed, Lost & Strungout

Group F: Done with everything, die for nothing

Group G: Rebel Yell

Group H: Aces High

GROUP A

Touch like angel of death

GROUP B

Lake Bodom

GROUP C

You're better off dead

GROUP D

Kissing the shadows

GROUP E

Trashed, Lost & Strungout

GROUP F

Living dead beat

GROUP G

Somebody put something in my drink

GROUP H

Aces High

GROUP A - Towards dead end

GROUP B - Downfall

GROUP C - You're better off dead

GROUP D - Angels don't kill

GROUP E - Trashed, Lost & Strungout

GROUP F - Living dead beat

GROUP G - Somebody put something in my drink

GROUP H - Bed of Nails

Fucking hard, and group E wasn't fair :mad: both songs are too good to leave one out :lol:

EDIT: And fuck you all for not voting Oops I Did It Again, it's the fucking best cover in the history of music :mad:

:D