Song themes at a glance - Glorious Collision

legionz

Jan 7, 2011
My old post was deleted, I have no idea. It was completely serious. Here are the themes of the songs, at a glance. I can't wait for the album as the samples sounded great:

1. Unspoken disapproval, leading to abandonment that Tom can neither forgive nor forget.

2. Promises broken, an unknown person was simply not there for Tom.

3. Unrealistic expectations lead to disappointment for Tom.

4. A possible loss of emotion for Tom due to the experiences in the previous 3 tracks. He's feeling numb, possibly unsure of his ability to carry on.

5. Tom tells an unknown individual to refrain from asking him for strength, because he has none to give and he's busy picking up the pieces.

6. Tom realizes there is a grand plan, and perhaps events are out of his control, directed by a master puppeteer. This may lead to feelings of despair and emptiness.

7. Things change, and hope seems out of reach for Tom. He's feeling increasingly empty.

8. In this track, Tom is overwhelmed with guilt from things he's done to an unknown individual. It's too late for Tom to change, but remorse is overwhelming him.

9. Something Tom did created distance between himself and an unknown person. He failed to see what was happening before it was too late. It's safe to assume he feels guilty.

10. Tom is tired and worn out in this track. He questions his ability to overcome feelings of weakness, and he thinks events are beyond his control.

11. This song is uncharacteristically hopeful for Tom. I don’t know what to make of it. Tom feels a weight off his shoulders, he feels free.

12. It appears his feelings of freedom and optimism were unfounded and premature, as he’s now completely alone in the dark and drowning in silence. He needs help from someone, and he’s ashamed to ask. Things are looking grim for Tom.

13. I infer that Tom ended up asking for help when he found himself drowning alone, and his heartfelt request was rejected. The request has created distance between himself and the person. Tom doesn’t know where to turn. There are so many words left unsaid, so much regret, and so much sorrow.

At the end of this journey, we find Tom in roughly the same place as he began. He is once again abandoned, and overwhelmed with feelings of remorse, sorrow, and loss. I’m not really sure how he can carry on.

An interesting point of view. I think that may be a thematic album, too.

Can you help me with the lyrics you hear from the samples, pleese?

An interesting point of view. I think that may be a thematic album, too.

Can you help me with the lyrics you hear from the samples, pleese?

They're hard to make out, and I can only catch snippets. The sound quality on the samples that were posted is so unbelievably horrible that it's hard to make out much of anything, but the music does sound good.

If you are putting Eg:s new album sampels here ore anywere without acceptayion of them,I think its not good.The album comes out 28 of feb, and when Evergrey put all on their own pages ,here or EG Facebook you KNOW that its ok.

Did I post a link anywhere? Settle down, I didn't put any songs up. A link to a online cd shop was posted on blabbermouth with small clips of each song, I merely stated my lyrical impressions of each track.

i can understand the reason why your old post was removed,
a bit more respect for Tom and Evergrey please !

Where is the disrespect? Those are the themes. Do you deny this? Please come back with more substance if you want to make such claims.