Song

Hedwig

The Countess
Oct 10, 2006
Italy
Hi guys! I don't know if it is the right place to talk about that, sorry...
but, yesterday we add our song on our myspace profile...
( we have four song, but the one we add is the one with the best sound...)
The quality is not so high, 'cause we recorded with our camera and we did all on our own... Hope you'll like it :
www.myspace.com/thecountessband

Cheers to all of you.

I don't know of too many bands that use a cowbell...
I don't in my own music, nor does my band in our music - but hey... if you can pull it off, more power to ye!
"Countess" isn't a very original namn, I agree with that. It sounds too.... Cradle of Filth.
But, you guys sound pretty badass, nonetheless.
Keep up the good work!
Skål!

We added some months ago our last work: Running to the Wineyards....
Give me your opinion

Even though I don't understand how a wineyard fits a in black metal setting, it sounds pretty okay. Even the recording quality is better than a few BM bands I've heard (just think of Mütiilation).

But you really need some vocals.

Wineyards are such a big font of inspiration for us... we don't play a "regular" black metal we play what hills and country around us suggested to us too...( I don't know if it's clear what I want to say ' cause is pretty hard to explain it in english)

Hey, this stuff is pretty neat.

For some reason, the Wineyards song reminded of Blood Fire Death. The recording quality could definitely use some work, but it had a much... I guess, older vibe to it? It had that campy viking metal pace, which I love.

The second and third songs, Dark Times and Our Lord, sounded a lot more like death metal songs than black metal songs. The black metal element was there, and I'm not a musician so I can only tell you as a fan (maybe I'll link it to my brother, who actually knows something about recording music...), but it sounded like it was a late 80s or early 90s black / death metal act. I like death metal a lot, so that's certainly not a negative.

If you could get a cleaner recording, it would probably help more knowledgeable people in the forum give you an opinion of the sound. But it's a good effort, for sure!