songs that bands need to stop covering

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
if i hear another "raining blood", "in leauge with satan", or "sweet dreams" cover im gonna castrate the band playing it and feed their dicks to their mothers.

any other songs that are covered by way too many bands?
~gR~

We play raining blood, it gets a very good crowd reaction and ties off the set nicely, wouldn't bother doing it on record though and it's the only song we bother covering live. So bite me.

genocide roach said:
if i hear another "raining blood", "in leauge with satan", or "sweet dreams" cover im gonna castrate the band playing it and feed their dicks to their mothers.

any other songs that are covered by way too many bands?
~gR~

Smells Like Teen Spirit, anything by Black Sabbath or the Sex Pistols. Even Busta fucking Rhymes did a Black Sabbath cover.

We're going to cover either an Emperor song (Inno A Satanas) or an Immortal song (Pure Holocaust). I'd vote for "Raining Blood" as being the most abused cover.

Maiden have quite an extensive discography: it puzzles me as to why there are droves of covers of Aces High more than anything else. If you're gonna cover them, pick something else.

As to the topic at hand, Raining Blood gets covered way too much.

I agree with Maiden in the sense that only a few songs are ever chosen. Like someone else said, given the size of Maiden's discography, they're spoilt for choice, and yet there are multiple versions of Aces High and other such songs that will never be done as good as Maiden anyway!

:D

If I was in a band and wanted to cover a Maiden song, I'd try and choose something different. Like some of their older stuff, or one of their less well known songs - not a single.

Charubic Murder said:
We're going to cover either an Emperor song (Inno A Satanas) or an Immortal song (Pure Holocaust).

Let me know if you get that Emperor one recorded and online, I'd like to hear it!

I think it's a song that needs to be approached carefully though, because it would be easy to kill what makes the original so good.

Good luck with what you decide to do anyway! :)