Bolt Thrower to stop recording indefinitely

The closest big name band venue is in Worcester, Massachusetts, more than three hours to drive. I've got tix to go down there in two weeks for Kataklysm, Vader and Cryptopsy.

I'd like to see them sometime. Good band. I think it was a wise decision. My interpretation was that if they manage to write something they think is better than Those Once Loyal, they'll by all means release it.
Also, I think covers albums are cool, but that's just me.

:kickass:In rememberence of Bolt Thrower.
mosh.jpg

Or tour the US, please???

The way things have been going, this seems like more of a "when hell freezes over" scenario than with most bands. The way they operate seems different from most bands of their status. Printing their own shirts, touring during times of the year when most bands don't come around to ensure a better draw, working out back door deals with promoters to keep show prices low. Respectable, but it's certainly made them kind of elusive just the same. Apparently the guys at MDF have pursued them in the past to no avail, and then there was the whole fiasco a couple of years ago where Metal Blade wouldn't finance their planned US tour (I'd imagine since the label can't recoup nearly as many profits if the band prints their own shirts). They seem to very careful about decisions like that, as I've been told they always turn a profit on tour. Besides, they did lose their asses the last time they came over here. Sucks for sure, but I can't really fault them.

Yeah, Jo Bench is the bassist (duh :/)

Maybe that's the guitarist then
Yeah, bassist on the left.

The way things have been going, this seems like more of a "when hell freezes over" scenario than with most bands. The way they operate seems different from most bands of their status. Printing their own shirts, touring during times of the year when most bands don't come around to ensure a better draw, working out back door deals with promoters to keep show prices low. Respectable, but it's certainly made them kind of elusive just the same. Apparently the guys at MDF have pursued them in the past to no avail, and then there was the whole fiasco a couple of years ago where Metal Blade wouldn't finance their planned US tour (I'd imagine since the label can't recoup nearly as many profits if the band prints their own shirts). They seem to very careful about decisions like that, as I've been told they always turn a profit on tour. Besides, they did lose their asses the last time they came over here. Sucks for sure, but I can't really fault them.
I wasn't aware of this. That's really cool. But also sucks.